AR Application Developer at PTC
Our world is transforming, and PTC is leading the way.Our software brings the physical and digital worlds together, enabling companies to improve operations, create better products, and empower people in all aspects of their business.
Our people make all the difference in our success. Today, we are a global team of nearly 7,000 and our main objective is to create opportunities for our team members to explore, learn, and grow – all while seeing their ideas come to life and celebrating the differences that make us who we are and the work we do possible.
• Become an expert in PTC’s Vuforia solutions for industrial augmented reality
• Develop custom AR applications using Vuforia Studio
• Create end-to-end software demonstrations showcasing AR
• Administrate and maintain a catalog of demonstration materials
• Work with customer and partners to extend and scale demonstrations
• Document software steps and talk track to enable others to successful demonstrate
• Create technical documentations
• Present technical software demonstrations in front of internal and external audiences
This position requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to your start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical, pregnancy or religious reasons or for other reasons that applicable state law requires employers to accommodate, we offer accommodations in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, including state and local mandatory vaccination orders.
At PTC, we believe in the power of diverse ideas and perspectives. As a global company that values and respects all identities, cultures, and perspectives, we strive to create an inclusive PTC for ALL through an environment where everyone feels like they belong and are empowered to bring their true, authentic selves to work. Proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and hire without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, ethnicity, ancestry, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Life at PTC is about more than working with today’s most cutting-edge technologies to transform the physical world. It’s about showing up as you are and working alongside some of today’s most talented industry leaders to transform the world around you.
If you share our passion for problem-solving through innovation, you’ll likely become just as passionate about the PTC experience as we are. Are you ready to explore your next career move with us?
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For Remote AR Application Developer roles, visit Remote AR Application Developer Roles
Software Engineer – AR/VR Gameplay Specialist at Meta
Meta is exploring the potential of virtual and augmented reality to bring people together in new ways. We are designing technologies that help people to create, share meaningful moments, and build communities using the unique qualities of these immersive new mediums. We aim to develop experiences that put people first, defining a future where AR and VR enable us to connect with the people and content we care about like never before. As an engineer working on AR/VR at Meta, you’ll be driving efforts to create interactive experiences that provide creativity and social play experiences for people connecting through Meta AR or VR products. These experiences will explore and define the future of online social interaction. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with games, AR/VR, and other 3D interactive industry background, with an ability to rapidly prototype and turn concepts into reality through iterative product development.
Software Engineer – AR/VR Gameplay Specialist Responsibilities:
– Architect efficient and reusable systems that drive complex AR/VR applications
– Prototyping new interactions and features with an eye toward intuitive usability and feel
– Drive design and implementation for proposed playful and creative projects for Experiences in AR or VR
– Lead collaboration with multi-functional teams to achieve compelling experiences
– Engage with FB teams to understand and utilize FB graph and features that will power social UX
– 4+ years experience as an engineer shipping user-facing features on games or other 3D interactive products
– Demonstrated experience interfacing with other internal and external teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
– Experience with virtual reality (Rift, VIVE, Gear VR, etc.)
– Experience with C++ and/or C# programming
– Experience with a combination of Windows, Android, and game console programming
– Experience with Unity 3D
– Experience with real time networked features (i.e., synchronous multiplayer games)
– Experience in UX design or game design
– Strong understanding of 3D math, linear algebra, and techniques
– Thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environments
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
For Remote Software Engineer – AR/VR Gameplay Specialist roles, visit Remote Software Engineer – AR/VR Gameplay Specialist Roles
Full Stack Developer for Augmented Reality – Remote Contract at ReSource Technology Partners
I am working with the VP of engineering of a small super successful company located in Boston MA using state of the art technology, bringing Augmented Reality to repair Complex Machinery and also to accelerate the training for this large and very complex machinery. This is a game changer!
They are looking for a full stack developer proficient with the following:
-Augmented Reality experience
-PTC Vuforia Software
-UI/UX concepts for AR
-Optimization of 3D data sets
-Exposure to Creo and Creo Modeling
-this role is 30% front end and 70% backend
Additionally, as one of the chief contributors to the design process, you will be relied upon to conceptualize, refine and design the overall user experience, as well as the individual 2D assets that will create the user interface for these experiences. We are a focused team of engineering professionals based in the Boston/Providence area working on bringing state-ofthe art technology to some of the finest packaging equipment in a variety of manufacturing industries (food, medical device, durable goods). In short, you will be at the center of making the products a reality.
– Create Creo models to be used with PTC Vuforia software.
-Develop UX flows for service work instructions and user training experiences.
-Build sequences in Creo Illustrate for use in PTC Vuforia.
-Create overall UI/UX Concepts for AR experiences.
-Design UI assets with Adobe Illustrator.
-Write back-end application components in JS.
-Refine existing CAD data sets into featured, layered models for use in Vuforia.
Skills and Core Competencies:
-Proficient in Creo Parametric, Maya, or 3DsMax 3D modeling.
-Significant experience using Adobe Illustrator (required).
-Experience creating sequences/animations for use in AR/VR
-Full Stack Web Development (HTML/CSS/JS/SASS) is required
-Unity or Vuforia SDK Experience is a plus
-Part modeling and detailing experience using Creo Parametric software.
-Good communications skills: interpersonal, listening, oral, and written.
-US Citizenship required APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
For Remote Full Stack Developer for Augmented Reality – Remote Contract roles, visit Remote Full Stack Developer for Augmented Reality – Remote Contract Roles
Apply to Job
Apply to Job
Location pin icon
Austin, TX | Menlo Park, CA | Seattle, WA | Washington, DC | Boston, MA | New York, NY | San Francisco, CA | Remote, US+ 7 more
Apply to Job
Meta is hiring a Research Policy Manager to join the Privacy and Data Policy team and support Reality Labs Policy research needs.
This role will serve as a bridge between Reality Labs Policy and the Data Regulation and Proactive Initiatives subteams. This role will work closely with global academic institutions and regional teams to develop our policy research strategy. Results from this portfolio will inform the next generation of products and research being developed across Reality Labs.
The Research Manager will coordinate global policy research to inform responsible development of the metaverse, and expand relationships with global academics and research institutions.
The ideal candidate is a constant learner, skilled at prioritizing, well-organized, good at navigating ambiguity, expert in juggling multiple tasks/timelines at once, and excited by new technologies.
This candidate will be deeply familiar with building and managing complex research projects and have a meaningful understanding of global policy issues and stakeholders around the world.
This person is a great project manager, communicator, and organizer who excels at working collaboratively with executives, research/product teams, and policy colleagues alike.
A successful candidate should be able to consistently deliver high-quality work under pressure, and hold experience supporting multiple teams/projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Lead policy research initiatives to deepen relationships with universities, academics, and civil society researchers to improve our approach to building Reality Labs products.
• Manage policy relationships with academic institutions and researchers to lead global conversations on new products/research.
• Develop and execute proactive policy research strategy to address key public policy issues in AR/VR and the metaverse.
• Issue spot global policy research needs and consult with external stakeholders to build new initiatives that improve our Reality Labs products and effectively represent Meta’s perspective.
• Respond promptly to a wide range of requests from Policy, Research, Legal, and teams across the company.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience managing and prioritizing multiple simultaneous projects
• 5+ years of experience conducting or supporting research around technology and policy issues
• Familiarity with emerging technology and consumer electronic policy issues
• Experience working in a University, research center, or non-profit research organization environment
• Experience communicating publicly on topics at the intersection of technology and policy at academic conferences
• Experience publishing on topics at the intersection of technology and policy in academic journals
D, Master’s, or advanced technical degree
• Experience developing and managing academic conferences and grant programs
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world.
Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology.
People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today-beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support.
If you need support, please reach out to accommodations-(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $159,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
• Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)