Fidelity Investments is looking for a Machine Learning Engineers in Richmond – Apply Here!
The FI Data & Analytics Technology team is seeking an enthusiastic machine learning engineer to work on AI/ML solutions in support of our FI Business partners.
Our team provides modern cloud-based data solutions for the broader FI organization that enables the Sales, Marketing, Finance, and AI/ML Analytics capabilities. This role will be a key contributor of solutions that support the Data Science Agile teams in the FI Advanced Analytics Solutions Product Area. As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will be responsible for developing cloud “infrastructure as code” components, shared Python frameworks, and data pipelines that integrate AI/ML model predictions with employee and customer facing applications.
As a Software Engineer focused on AI/ML Model training and inference pipelines, you will utilize your technical capabilities along with your domain expertise to develop innovative solutions. You have a passion for delivering business value through technology designs in an environment that will give you opportunities to grow in both the data and analytics domain.
The Expertise And Skills You Bring
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a technology related field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
• 6+ years of hands-on experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (Java, Python)
• 1+ years of experience developing solutions on the AWS cloud platform.
• AWS Developer or Solution Architect certification preferred.
• Proven experience with continuous integration & delivery (CI/CD) practices and tools (Git, Jenkins, uDeploy).
• Proven experience with building container-based systems such as Docker.
• Proven experience with relational and dimensional data modeling techniques.
• Exposure to AWS SageMaker and related AI/ML platform offerings.
• Proven knowledge of AWS data solutions S3, Athena, RDS, DynamoDB, Kinesis, etc.
• Proven experience or strong interest in machine learning models and concepts: regression, random forest, boosting, CRFs, MRFs, and deep learning.
• Proven experience or strong interest in developing and deploying complex and scalable software systems in the analytics space.
• Experience with Snowflake or other cloud data warehousing solutions.
• Exposure with orchestration and scheduling tools (Control-M)
• Proven experience with triaging, troubleshooting, and fixing issues in Production environments
• Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, and technology diagrams.
• Understanding of the model development lifecycle and has had exposure to DevOps/MLOps
• Capable of working independently
• Capable of leading and mentoring junior engineers in an agile environment
The Data & Analytics Technology team develops and supports data-intensive applications in support of data lake and analytical data needs. This role will focus on advanced analytics solutions while bringing software engineering discipline and support to the FI Data Science Agile teams. This is a critical position that will contribute to scaling the delivery of AI/ML models that contribute to driving One FI business success. Fidelity Institutional is a suite of Fidelity Investment businesses and support groups that offers financial professionals and institutions access to the products, services, and investments they need to service their clients and grow their businesses.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working.”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.