Fidelity Investments is looking for a Express JS in Washington – Apply Here!
Are you interested in serving the needs of millions of customers by building the best-in-class digital experience that helps them in financial planning, investing, and retirement solutions? Our chapter comprises teams that work on a wide range of applications and platforms like Fidelity.com, Fidelity Mobile and Investor Centers. We’re looking for product-aware engineers who are passionate, inquisitive, and responsible individuals to help us on our mission to deliver the best omni-channel experience to our customers. Our teams build and contribute to Fidelity’s digital presence. As a software engineer,
• you will help us build the omni channel user experiences and the underlying platforms needed to support our digital presence.
• You’ll work on building entire features, taking these from concept to deployment, as part of our autonomous, cross functional teams.
• You’ll have the opportunity to contribute ideas to improve our products as well as develop your skills, learn new technologies and languages, and continue to learn.
• We’re looking for highly motivated individuals who work well in a collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment.
The Expertise And Skills You Bring
• Designing, developing, and maintaining Node JS, and/or Java/JEE based web applications in a fast-paced Scrum environment.
• Designing and implementing continuous JS environments using Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, and effectively employ DevOps, Automated Testing (using Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium, Protractor) and Continuous Integration and Delivery using technology such as Groovy, Jenkins.
• Experience with containerization, Docker, and orchestration and exposure to AWS and Azure.
• Knowledge of asynchrony (Promises, Observers, Event loops), HTTP based interactions, REST, Networking and how the internet works.
• Your hands of experience working with package management using Node.js, NPM, Express
• Proven expertise and mindset of employing Automation for Development, Testing (unit and integration) & Deployment.
• Appetite for learning new skills, contributing to process-improvement initiatives in an effort to maximize velocity for the product team and is curious about constant learning.
• Foundational knowledge and expertise in native mobile development on iOS and/or Android using Swift and/or Kotlin.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Mathematics, Physics (or equivalent) with 5-8 years of proven experience.
We believe that diversity in background and experience will foster an inclusive and engaging work environment for our employees. This ultimately enables us to deliver a better product for our customers. Being technically competent is only telling half the story. We believe that delivering the best possible customer experience requires an artful blend of human ingenuity and technology. While we value smart technologists, we are fanatics about our culture that promotes autonomy and leadership at all levels.
People Who Are Great Cultural Fits Demonstrate Curiosity To Learn, Are Unafraid To Break Things, Step Up And Take The Lead, Take Ownership Of Their Projects, And Thrive By Sharing Knowledge And Demonstrating Our Core Pillars
• Imagine. Innovate. Inspire. Keep it cool: Nurture an inclusive organizational culture, foster positive energy & family spirit, recognize greatness, support each other & enjoy the journey.
• Elevate the floor; Influence the horizontal: Commit to developing leadership at all levels. Help your peers & team get better by raising standards within and around while maintaining a strong focus on building future leaders.
• Tightly aligned; loosely coupled: Establish or enhance partnerships across the organization to ensure alignment towards enterprise standards, tools and reusability while providing direction for teams to operate autonomously.
• Level Up on Craftsmanship: Treat learning as a journey not a destination. Commit to learning and teaching as a part of your life.
• Build the “Best” Tech together: Promote innovation driven by purpose and practicing autonomy with responsibility.
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:
$96,000 – $144,000 per year
This position is eligible for incentive compensation or an annual bonus opportunity.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working.”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.