Fidelity Investments is looking for a Express JS in Carrboro – Apply Here!
Senior Software Engineer – Digital Servicing Technology
Our teams build and contribute to Fidelity’s digital presence. As a senior software engineer, you will help us build the omni channel user experiences and the underlying platforms needed to support our digital presence. You’ll work on building entire features, taking these from concept to deployment, as part of our autonomous, cross functional teams. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute ideas to improve our products as well as develop your skills, learn new technologies and languages, and continue to learn. We’re looking for highly motivated individuals who work well in a collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment.
The Expertise and Skills you Bring
• Designing, developing, and maintaining Node JS, and/or Java/JEE based web applications in a fast-paced Scrum environment.
• Designing and implementing continuous JS environments using Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, etc
• Effectively employ DevOps, Automated Testing and Continuous Delivery using technology such as Groovy, Jenkins, Concourse.
• Experience with containerization, Docker, and orchestration.
• Exposure to native mobile development on iOS and/or Android would be nice to have.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Mathematics, Physics (or equivalent)
• Your hands of experience building internet facing applications using Node.js, NPM, Express
• Your confidence to leverage modern SPA/UX frameworks (Angular, React, Vue)
• Your confidence to employ previous experience of Automation Tools/Frameworks (Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium, Protractor)
• Your advanced Git skills and respective branching strategies
• Your hands on experience building and deploying applications to the Cloud (AWS or Azure) and Serverless development
• Your experience with API Design & Development and MicroServices Architecture.
• Your knowledge of HTTP based APIs, Networking and how the internet works.
• Your knowledge of asychrony (Promises, Observers, Event Loops)
• Your knowledge of Swift and/or Kotlin developing native applications on iOS and/or Android. (Nice to have)
• Understanding of BPM, Process Modelling would be nice to have.
• You’re not intimidated by Visual Design & Rapid Prototyping
• Using business knowledge to translate the vision for divisional initiatives into business solutions by developing complex or multiple software applications and conducting studies of alternatives.
• Creating and maintaining comprehensive documentation for multiple applications or subsystems.
• Participate in iteration planning to maintain velocity and deliver quality each sprint.
• Analyzing business requirements and system development specifications.
• Participating in problem solving, fixing, performance turning, production support, and maintenance of existing applications.
• Playing a key role in resolving technical roadblocks involving multiple technologies.
• Ensuring code reviews, unit testing, and integration testing are completed efficiently and optimally.
• Helping to coordinate the delivery of technical components across internal/external technical teams.
• Providing technical leadership and mentoring to more junior team members.
• Contributing to process-improvement initiatives in an effort to increase velocity for the product team.
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:N/A
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:N/A
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in California only:N/A
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Washington only:N/A
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award , we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling ” Dynamic Working .”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at .
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @ , or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.
We welcome those with experience in jobs such as Software Developer, Computer Technician, and Computer User Support Specialist and others in the Computers and Technology to apply.