Fidelity Investments is looking for a Data Engineers in Washington – Apply Here!
If you are an experienced Software engineer with a passion for data and databases, who enjoys data analysis, data modelling and creating ETL data flows, and wants to be a part of a collaborative team environment where you will have wealth of opportunities to innovate and have intellectual curiosity to learn, a career in Customer Data Technologies in PI may be right for you! You will be part of a team that is building a Snowflake based enterprise-wide Data Lake on AWS.
Our group, the Customer Data Technology group within Fidelity’s Personal Investing (PI) organization is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join an exciting and fast-paced team passionate about designing and implementing a data mart to support Business Intelligence reporting and dashboards.
The Expertise we’re looking for
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required.
• Extensive experience in relational databases like Oracle or Snowflake
• Experience in developing data applications in Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
• Development experience using Python
• Experience in Data Warehousing , data modelling and creation of data marts.
• Experience with ETL technologies (Informatica or similar)
• Experience with Business Intelligence and Dashboards is a plus
• Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Docker) is a plus
• Experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban and SCRUM) is a plus
The Skills You Bring
• Experience building scalable and robust ETL data flows using a range of technologies
• Strong data analysis skills
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in fast paced environment
• Excellent communication skills, both through written and verbal channels
• Excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organization
The Value you deliver
• Ability to think out of box and design end-to-end solutions
• Passion and intellectually curiosity to learn new technologies and business areas
• Exploring new technology trends and leveraging them to simplify our data ecosystem
• Collaborating with internal and external teams to deliver technology solutions for the business needs
• Working on teams to improve development agility and productivity
• Delivering system automation by setting up continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines
How Your Work Impacts The Organization
Customer Data Technology in PI builds the platforms to collect and master customer data needed to provide the best customer experience.
COVID Work Policy
Safety is our top priority. Once we can be together in person with fewer safety measures, this role will follow our dynamic working approach. You’ll be spending some of your time onsite depending on the nature and needs of your role.
Dynamic Working – Post Pandemic
Our aim is to combine the best of working offsite with coming together in person. For most teams this means a consistent balance of working from home and office that supports the needs of your role, experience level, and working style.
Your success and growth is important to us, so you’ll want to enjoy the benefits of coming together in person – face to face learning and training, quality time with your manager and teammates, building your career network, making friends, and taking full advantage of cultural and social experiences Fidelity provides for you.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working.”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.