Fidelity Investments is looking for a C Developer in Baltimore – Apply Here!
We’re looking for product-aware engineers who are passionate, inquisitive, and responsible individuals to help deliver the best mobile experience to our customers. The ideal candidate is deeply entrenched in mobile development, with a passion for leveraging the right tools and frameworks to guide the development of stable, robust, and resilient apps that best serve our customer base.
Our team builds outstanding experiences for millions of Personal Investing customers. We focus on crafting rich and compelling native experiences using the best iOS UI guidelines by way of robust tooling to provide deep, financial insights enabling ‘on the go’ financial management. We work in a collaborative, fast paced environment and are committed to advancing a mobile-first strategy to the delight of our current and future customers.
The Expertise You Have
• 5+ years of professional experience developing publicly-available iOS apps using Swift 3/4 and/or Objective-C supported by RESTful web services
• Verifiable experience as a Subject Matter Expert using Swift, Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, UIKit, and XCode in a large, enterprise environment, preferably as part of a team of iOS engineers
• Proficiency in Swift and SwiftUI
• Participated in the release of at least 1 publicly-available app to the Apple App Store participating from inception to launch using automated tooling like Jenkins, Fastlane, and XCode toolchain
The Skills You Bring
• Your passion crafting outstanding experiences on iOS using Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines using your strong understanding of functional programming and reactive patterns
• Your desire to delight our clients with the latest mobile technologies using your deep knowledge of iOS design patterns including MVP, MVC, MVVM, and VIPER.
• Your knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and new technologies used in crafting performant, resilient, and robust iOS apps
• Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms to ensure adherence to software engineering best practices
• Excellent understanding of Test-Driven Development and Test Pyramid in support of highly resilient and stable apps with a high degree of code coverage
• Strong understanding of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Fastlane, and XCode Server to continuously and autonomously deliver high-quality apps to guarantee stable and performant experiences.
• Strong understanding of modern development principles such as trunk-based development, feature toggles, and branch by abstraction to support performant and collaborative engineering teams.
• Good understanding of WatchKit, App Extensions, and tvOS to build expressive experiences for Apple Watch, Apple TV, and iMessage
The Value You Deliver
• Collaborating with architecture, security, and UXD to build architecturally-compliant apps
• Partnering with platform squads to define mobile engineering standards, best practices, and tooling
• Providing mobile thought leadership to advance PI’s mobile outcomes and facilitate a mobile-first mindset
• Serving as Mobile advocates for the adoption of experiences that tackle the needs of our digitally-minded customers
• Staying ahead of the curve by aligning architecture, user experience, and security with chapters and COEs
• Supporting a mobile-first world through upskilling and augmenting squads with deep mobile expertise
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working.”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.