Fidelity Investments is looking for a Blockchain Developer in Appomattox – Apply Here!
As the Director of Software Engineering, you will be responsible for a portfolio of applications and engineering associates assigned to the Wallet Blockchain Foundations team. This is an engineering manager role where you will work very closely with product owners, architects, and engineering teams to deliver high quality cloud-based technology solutions to meet business requirements.
You will maintain a strong team of high performers and invest in their career growth. Additionally, with the help of the technical lead on your team, you will ensure that modern software development best practices are followed.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required
• At least 8 years of software engineering experience
• At least 4 years of management experience
• Experience in hiring, motivating and retaining top talent
• Experience in managing associates in remote locations
• Software engineering background in services development
• Experience in modern software development practices such as infrastructure as code, test automation, CI/CD and containerization
• Experience in applying agile delivery processes to enhance business value
• Familiarity with cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin or Ethereum a plus
• You have a strong background in running software delivery for critically important applications
• You have strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at a given time
• Collaborating with stake holders to understand business requirements and deliver solutions that exceed customer expectations
• Promoting engineering best practices, architectural standards and consistency
Fidelity Digital Assets, a Fidelity Investments Company, is developing a full-service enterprise-grade platform for storing, trading, and servicing digital assets, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Fidelity Digital Assets adopts an entrepreneurial culture and startup approach while serving as one of the most innovative business units within Fidelity Investments. Our global, diverse team of hundreds of forward-thinking professionals lead with agility and creativity to build solutions that bridge the gap between traditional institutional investors and their exposure to digital assets. The firm’s tenure and experience across multiple business lines present our employees with unprecedented access to knowledge, technology, and resources that help our team reshape the future of finance.
Within Fidelity Digital Assets, the Wallet Blockchain Foundations Team is responsible for the backend services and APIs that support digital assets transactions on networks such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working.”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.
We welcome those with experience in jobs such as Software Developer, Computer Technician, and Computer User Support Specialist and others in the Computers and Technology to apply.