Fidelity Investments is looking for a Angular in Washington – Apply Here!
Come join Fidelity as we have our Better Way of Working! Are you interested in serving the needs of millions of customers by building best-in-class client facing web applications which help deliver experiences in financial planning, investing, and retirement? Our Client Solutions Technology team is looking for Software Engineer with a passion for developing easy-to-use, customer focused applications and capabilities to grow our FidelityGo product.
As an engineer on the team, your primary role will be assisting to build test and engineering web applications using modern technologies like Angular, Nodejs, and REST APIs using Java or NodeJS. You will be expected to quickly gain understanding of all the components of our web applications and will work with the team to deliver best in class customer experience solutions.
The Expertise You Have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• 3 years of primary development experience (currently hands on) in Angular 2 , Typescript, CSS/SASS, NodeJS, Jasmine, Protractor.
• 2 years of Responsive & Progressive Modern Web application development.
• 2 years of API Development using Java / SpringMVC, NodeJS, Swagger
• Test Driven Development, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor, Junit
• Secure application development, build, deploy using Continuous Integration/ Deployment (CI/CD) tools — Jenkins, Maven, uDeploy, etc.
• Team player, self-starter, collaborative, innovative, eager to learn every day.
• Scrum Developer certification is a plus
• Understanding of Java, docker, cloud-computing / cloud services platforms (e.g. AWS) will be a plus
• Assist in coordinating multiple development work streams through integration and ensure architecture is scalable and extensible.
• Define, maintain, and support Java development environment and best practices, such as Maven, Sonar, and other Open Source tools.
• Assist in identification, isolation, resolution, and communication of problems within the production and nonproduction environment and perform troubleshooting.
• Perform code reviews, unit testing, and integration testing using Open Source frameworks.
• Provide mentorship to junior team members.
• Contribute to continuous process improvement initiatives.
The Value You Deliver
• Understand the leadership vision and execute on that vision.
• Find creative ways to get things done, and do them right
• Foster a culture of best in class software engineering practices
• Exercise a passion for keeping your knowledge up-to-date with the latest and greatest
• Help maintain the high level of integrity in the team
• Take ownership and accountability for figuring out what needs to be done
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Our ever-evolving technology stack ensures a great learning culture in the team. We are always exploring new technologies and new ways to continually provide value to our customers. This team has a direct and positive impact on Fidelity’s customers.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working.”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099
, prompt 2, option 3.
• Apache Maven
• Cloud Computing