Fannie Mae is looking for a DevOps Engineer in Reston – Apply Here!
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nations housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will act as team lead for data protection team in Fannie Mae’s cybersecurity. In this role, responsible for setting up, maintaining, and evolving the AWS cloud infrastructure applications, developing application in Python, as well as coach and mentor less experienced team members.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
Minimum Required Experiences
The Lead DevOps Engineer role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
• 6 years
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
• Coordinating with development teams to determine application requirements.
• Advise team and management on process improvements and opportunities for automation.
• Understanding of core AWS services, uses, and AWS architecture best practices.
• Plan and lead DevOps team in executing project tasks and coordinating interrelated technical tasks.
• Implementing security and data protection
• Lead processes for the timely resolution of the most critical and/or complex issues.
• Coordinate with subject matter experts across the release lifecycle to obtain input and support for planned DevOps engineering activities.
• Recommend opportunities to enhance alignment between IT operations and the business.
• Experience in data mining
• Understanding of machine-learning ,building analytic systems and predictive models
• Managing a team of data scientists, machine learning engineers and big data specialists
• Writing scalable code using Python programming language.
• Expert knowledge of Python and related frameworks including Django and Flask.
• A deep understanding and multi-process architecture and the threading limitations of Python.
• Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing.
• Experience designing and building web environments on AWS, which includes working with services like EC2, ELB, RDS, and S3
• Knowledge of writing infrastructure as code (IaC) using CloudFormation or Terraform.
• Experience with building or maintaining cloud-native applications.
• The group of skills related to Risk Assessment and Management including evaluating and designing controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying control gaps, remediating risk, etc.
• Determining causes of operating errors and taking corrective action
• The group of skills related to Communication including communicating in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
• The group of skills related to Operational Excellence including improving and overseeing operations
• The group of skills related to Governance and Compliance including creating policies, evaluating compliance, conducting internal investigations, developing data governance, etc.
• Experience identifying measures, or indicators of system performance, and the actions needed to improve or correct performance to achieve desired outcomes
• The group of skills related to Programming including coding, debugging, and using relevant programming languages
• The group of skills related to Product Development including designing products, developing product roadmaps, translating design requirements, prototyping, etc.
• Experience defining and managing changes to documents, code, computer programs, websites, and other files to enable collaboration and ensure teams are working from the latest version
• The group of skills related to Security including designing and evaluating security systems, identifying security threats, securing computers, assessing vulnerability, etc.
• Experience helping an organization to plan and manage change in effort to meet strategic objectives
• Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
• Skilled in creating and managing databases with the use of relevant software such as MySQL
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
• Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs, outputs, and process
• Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand
• The group of skills related to Business Insight including advising, designing business models, interpreting customer and market insights, forecasting, benchmarking, etc.
• The group of skills related to Learning and Training including conducting, developing, and evaluating training, instructional design, and learning management systems
• The group of skills related to Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
• Expertise in developing websites for hosting via intranet or Internet, which may also include web design, web content development, scripting, and/or network security configuration
• Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to ensure successful project completion
• Ability to transform business processes using BPA, RPA, or other technology-enabled automation
• Experience in the process of analyzing data to identify trends or relationships to inform conclusions about the data
• Skilled in documentation and database reporting for the purposes of analysis, data discovery, and decision-making with the use of relevant software such as Crystal Reports, Excel, or SSRS
• The group of skills related to Relationship Management including managing and engaging stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship networks, contracting, etc.
• Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
• Experience using software and computer systems’ architectural principles to integrate enterprise computer applications such as xMatters, AWS Application Integration, or WebSphere
• Focused experience in artificial intelligence (AI), including machine learning and natural language processing (NLP)
• Expertise in service management concepts for networks and related standards such as ITIL practices or SDLC
• Skilled in Python object-oriented programming
• Skilled in Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development, and networking platforms
• Skilled in AWS Management and Governance suite of products such as CloudTrail, CloudWatch, or Systems Manager
• Skilled in Jenkins
• Skilled in PostgreSQL
• Skilled in Java
• Skilled in SQL
• Experience using JIRA
• Experience using Git
• Skilled in Gradle
• Skilled in AWS Database products such as RDS, Redshift, or Aurora
• Skilled in using Apache Groovy
• Skilled in using .NET Framework
• Skilled in using UNIX
• Skilled in AWS Developer tools such as CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodeStar, or CodePipeline
• Experience using Apache Subversion
• Skilled in IBM Rational ClearCase
• Experience using HP Fortify
• Skilled in Excel
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at [email protected]