EY is looking for a Blockchain Developer in Richmond – Apply Here!
At EY, youll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And were counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Whole industries have been disrupted and transformed in recent years by digital technology. EY advises clients to understand, architect, select and implement bleeding edge solutions required to efficiently run their businesses, with a focus on Digital and Cloud. These service areas span E-commerce, Blockchain, Solution Architecture, Mobile Applications, Digital Platform Architecture, Digital Technology Strategy, and Digital IT Operations.
Our mission at EY is to industrialize blockchain technology for enterprises and large financial institutions, with a particular focus on public blockchains like Ethereum and Bitcoin. We are an innovative and collaborative group of technical developers, cryptographers, mathematicians and business strategists who are dedicated to the application of blockchain technology and the development of world-class products. At EY, you will help our clients, some of the most influential companies, explore emergent applications and transform the way the world does business.
We are looking for Software Engineering Managers who are as excited about the future of public blockchains as we are. As a Software Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of engineers to design, build, and deliver scalable, enterprise blockchain applications for our clients. To be successful in this role, you should be comfortable bridging two worlds: business users (clients), with a focus on ROI and deliverables; and engineers, who are seeking mentorship and prioritize building new technical skills.
Your key responsibilities
• Lead agile teams of engineers and take responsibility for the overall planning, execution, and success of blockchain projects
• Grow our team, including coaching individuals, leading technical discussions and learning sessions, and developing more leaders within our team
• Establish and drive software engineering best practices and set standards across our global blockchain team
• Collaborate on product direction as a technical lead to design and implement blockchain solutions that create meaningful value for our clients
• Educate our clients on blockchain technology and its capabilities and evaluate the viability of potential use cases and applications
• Support business development opportunities as a technical resource alongside subject matter experts from Advisory, Assurance, and Tax service lines Skills and attributes for success
• Youre an innovator. You keep up to date on emerging technologies (especially blockchain) and are constantly thinking about potential applications.
• Youre a people developer. You find and cultivate talent to achieve outstanding results. You give your team creative freedom to innovate while holding them accountable for making good decisions and delivering results.
• Youre focused on customer value. You dont blindly implement specs, and actively talk to customers and stakeholders to design solutions to their problems.
• Youre comfortable with ambiguity. In fact, you thrive in the face of complex problems with no obvious solutions.
• Youre entrepreneurial at heart. You have a passion for making your ideas a reality, building prototypes and ultimately launching production-scale solutions in the market. To qualify for the role, you must have
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
• 5+ years of professional engineering experience with 3+ years of people management experience
• Experience designing and implementing RESTful and/or GraphQL APIs
• Experience building cloud native/microservices architecture applications and platforms
• Experience with Agile software development (like Scrum or Kanban)
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Proven experience in project management of complex deliverables
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Valid drivers license in the US; willingness and ability to travel to meet client needs Ideally, youll also have
• Passion for blockchain technology and experience with Ethereum, Quorum, and/or Solidity
• Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Previous experience deploying and configuring environments using infrastructure-as-code provisioning tools like Terraform and Ansible
• Experience with traditional enterprise technologies including SaaS and ERP systems (like SAP)
• Experience managing customer-facing engineering teams What we look for
We strongly value diversity and inclusion. Your energy for new challenges and your interest in growth is more important than any specific skills or other attributes. If you read through the qualifications and felt discouraged from applying because you don’t check all the boxes, even though you think this might be a job you would love, please apply anyway. None of us had all these skills when we started here, and we value your ability to learn, grow, and work with others more than any pre-conceived notion of the kind of person who should fill these roles.
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where youll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $128,400 to $235,400. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $154,100 to $267,500. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, youll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. Youll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: Youll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: Well provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: Well give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: Youll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs. If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. Its yours to build.
EY Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EYs Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at .
Web Reference : AJF/479357314-624
Posted Date : Sun, 20 Nov 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of EY. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of JobServe – Developer Jobs