Dunhill Professional Search is looking for a Cloud network Engineer in Fairfax – Apply Here!
In this role, you will be a member of the Cloud Management Platform & Services (CMPS) team responsible for maintaining and delivering key technologies streams for the service line multi-tenant and multi-cloud production-computing platform.
Job Responsibilities * Configure, troubleshoot, and execute networking/firewall configurations for complex multi-cloud and multi-region solutions
• Manage and design advanced networking implementations with an expertise in Fortinet technology (Fortiweb WAF Solution, Fortigate)
• Design and apply effective security strategies on cloud networks AWS, OCI and Microsoft Azure and provide support for the GovCloud sector
• Proficient at creating, implementing, and troubleshooting external Web Application Firewall rules, such as URL rewrites, content based rewrites, etc.
• Maintain current firewalls, such as performing upgrades, troubleshooting network related tickets, managing security remediations
• Understand cloud infrastructure and on prem network designs, including network segmentation and security solutions
• Proficient in maintaining Spoke/Hub network topologies
• Handle escalated (critical) incidents and provide technical workarounds for tickets related to port openings, WAF rewrite rules, whitelisting, network errors, application network configurations, etc.
• Analyze critical incidents and Identify design related gaps that caused the incident to define preventive actions
• Assess the network security gaps and recommend solution, keep up knowledge on cloud network security
• Perform scripting and coding for GovCloud environments as it relates to networking DevNet
Minimum Qualifications * Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related field or equivalent relevant experience
• Minimum of 8 years supporting Network environments
• Minimum of 2 years of supporting Cloud Network environments
• Experience working with AWS, Azure, or OCI cloud platforms
• Firewall and Load Balancing technology experience; Fortinet, Palo Alto, Check Point, Mod Security, F5, Citrix Netscaler, Equinix, etc.
• Strong understanding of application, server, and cloud network security
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Certifications/Licensures
• Fortinet NSE Certification preferred
• Associate level cloud certification such as: AWS-CSA-A (AWS), MCSA Cloud Platform (MS Azure), or Professional Cloud Architect (GCP) preferred
• CompTIA Network+ and/or CCNP certification preferred
Other Job Specific Skills * Experience working with Equinix Connect Routers
• Familiarity with Terraform, Ansible, Salt Stack or similar automation tools are a benefit as we drive towards Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
• Experience with FedRAMP, NIST 800-53, DOD IL4, IL5 and/or IL6 security controls, continuous monitoring and assessment & authorization and other federal security standards and guidelines.
• Familiarity with PIV Integration, Terraform, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment experience (Jenkins, GitLab, etc.)
• Bring a high sense of urgency for all tasks
• Strong multi-tasking abilities and able to provide timely responses
• Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to prioritize and complete tasks within schedule
• Excellent oral and written communications to exchange information, explain procedures, techniques, and answer questions in a clear logical manner.
• Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to provide professional documentation (diagrams, specifications, technical requirements, and proposal content).
• Experience architecting, designing, implementing, and maintaining complex network infrastructures.
• Proven ability to develop and manage infrastructure design patterns, standards, blueprints, application frameworks, configurations, product technical solutions and roadmap.
• Maintains knowledge of backup/recovery practices.