DRW is looking for a Crypto Analyst in Chicago – Apply Here!
Cumberland – a DRW Company is the cryptoasset arm of DRW, established in 2014 after early interest in cryptoassets and their underlying technology. Today, Cumberland is a global leader in cryptoassets, uniquely positioned between the traditional financial markets and the cryptoasset ecosystem. From our offices around the world, we provide 24-hour access to a wide array of cryptoassets while helping the crypto ecosystem grow and evolve in a responsible, sustainable way.
As an Operations Analyst in our Chicago office, you’ll help manage the day-to-day operations of our cryptoasset trading business. You will work closely with a variety of internal teams and external counterparties and exchanges to efficiently manage daily workflows and continually refine operational procedures.
What you’ll do:
• Provide operational support for cryptoasset trading business, with an emphasis on optimizing reconciliation and post-trade settlement procedures
• Collaborate with internal cash management and operations teams to maintain optimal cash reserves for settlements and platform funding
• Monitor pending settlements and liaise with counterparties and exchanges as needed to reduce settlement risk
• Identify opportunities for process improvement, technology upgrades and automation
• Utilize technology skills (Excel, VBA or other programming background) to automate operational processes and perform analysis on large data sets
• Provide timely response to counterparty inquiries and requests for settlement information
• Provide additional administrative support to the team as needed
What we’re looking for:
• Very strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Prior settlements and/or trading reconciliation experience; previous experience with cryptoassets preferred
• Proficiency in Excel (VBA experience a big plus); previous experience working with other tools and/or programming languages for automation and process improvement also highly preferred
• Experience dealing with money transfers/wires and banking platforms with an ability to understand and minimize costs related to overnight funding
• Solid understanding of financial product clearing and settlement processes
• Previous experience working in fast-paced, high pressure environment
• High sense of urgency and dedication to efficiency
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks and projects autonomously
• Ability to provide support in off hours, as needed, to ensure operational continuity in a 24/7 business
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• Bachelor’s degree
For more information about DRW’s processing activities and our use of job applicants’ data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.