Digimarc is looking for a Data Engineers in Washington – Apply Here!
Do you innovate with integrity? Believe a team is stronger together? Are you passionate about sustainability? If these are some of the attributes that describe you, then read on. We are looking for courageous, collaborative, and curious problem solvers who are interested in joining our team to help us develop solutions to complex challenges.
Digimarc is a global leader in product digitization, delivering business value across industries through unique identifiers and cloud-based solutions. A trusted partner in deterring digital counterfeiting of global currency for more than 20 years, Digimarc illuminates a product’s journey to provide intelligence and promote a prosperous, safer, and more sustainable world. Digimarc also gives every product a digital presence connected to a cloud-based record of its journey and interactions via the EVRYTHNG Product Cloud®. With Digimarc, you can finally see everything. And when you see everything, you can achieve anything. For more information, visit us at .
We are looking for a Staff Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering team who has extensive experience with data engineering and expertise in on-prem and cloud data lakes and warehouses. You will be a part of the exciting journey as a critical contributor in the transition to our next-generation cloud-based unified data platform, working with internal and external teams. The Data Engineering team is a data product delivery team dedicated to unlocking the value of Digimarc’s data assets. We will partner with Digimarc’s product and research and development teams to deliver data lakes, data warehouses, pipelines, platforms, visualizations, dashboards, reports, and other data products for our customers, partners, and colleagues. Collaboration and clear communication with multiple teams will be critical to the success of this new data platform. The primary duties of this role include assessing the current state and assisting and mentoring data engineers in developing, configuring, and delivering data pipelines on a cloud platform.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Act as a mentor on the Data Engineering team to support data engineers in understanding and following best data engineering principles.
• Partner with software and quality engineers, as well as product managers, to assist in designing, implementing, and maintaining a new unified data platform (data lake, data warehouse, etc.)
• Gather an inventory of all existing data sources and planning for best storage and future usage of key data sets
• Develop data pipelines and services to support analytic products
• Document designs and specifications for your work
• Follow and improve source control procedures and help establish new patterns and processes.
• Support and contribute to DevOps and CI/CD processes
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• BS Computer Science, or relevant combination of education and experience.
• 5+ years of data engineering experience and data migration experience.
• Experience connecting software systems to databases and cloud systems, and knowledge of data modeling principles
• Knowledge of data warehouse data modeling
• Experience in developing a strong quality culture where the whole team is responsible for quality
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with SQL, Python, R, or similar languages used for data engineering
• Solid understanding of Agile development methodologies, quality, and CI/CD
• A positive attitude and growth mindset: the eagerness to learn & share knowledge with the team
• Passion in participating, creating, and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture where individuals and teams can do their best work and unlock their potential
• Alignment with the core Digimarc values: collaborative, curious, and courageous
BONUS POINTS FOR
• Experience building cloud-based solutions using AWS, GCP, Snowflake, or Azure
• Experience working with teams to set up registries for streaming data
• Competitive salary
• Restricted stock units
• Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, & retirement savings plan
• Flexible time off / holidays
• Mentorship opportunities
Digimarc is seeking diverse applicants. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor. We want the best people who share our values.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Principals only. No recruiters please.