Dev Technology Group, Inc. is looking for a Ruby on Rails in Reston – Apply Here!
Dev Technology is a growing IT company with an employee-centric culture that works on mission-critical projects for the federal government. We partner with our federal customers to deliver technology services and solutions, and to drive our client’s missions forward through innovation. We use Agile and DevSecOps principles to provide services including application development, biometrics and identity management, cloud and infrastructure optimization, IT and legacy modernization, and data management.
As a Washington Post Top Workplace award winner for the past nine years in a row, the Top Workplaces USA for the past two years, and a recipient of the Companies As Responsive Employers (CARE) Award for the past four years, Dev Technology employees enjoy:
• Generous and flexible time-off policy
• Flexible work schedules and telework options, including remote work availability for eligible projects
• Career development opportunities including a mentorship program, technical and management training through Dev University, hands-on learning through DevLab, tuition reimbursement, and paid training opportunities
• Industry-leading benefits including a choice of two health plans that include dental and vision, flexible spending account, commuter benefits, life insurance, and more
• 401K matching with immediate vesting and end of year profit sharing
• Regular team and company social events including our annual party, happy hours, fitness challenges, and more
• A focus on community engagement including companywide support activities, employer match for donations, and time off for volunteer efforts
• To learn more about working at Dev Technology visit,
Ruby on Rails Application Developer, #505
Clearance: Ability to obtain the required government security clearance (CBP Final)
Dev Technology Group is hiring a Ruby on Rails Application Developer for a mission-driven project for a government client. This developer will be responsible for collaborating with team members and stakeholders to design, develop, and implement application development solutions that meet the client’s needs. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and in coordination with other team members and other intersecting teams. We are currently working on a major effort to re-write part of a JRuby application and you would be part of a team contributing to that. The successful candidate will have an interest in learning/using Java and JRuby.
• Design, develop, test, and maintain a suite of JRuby and Java applications
• Be an active member of an Agile development team, responsible for participating in all Agile ceremonies, updating Jira tasks daily and contributing to continual improvement strategies
• Troubleshoot issues in production and non-production systems
• Learn new technical skills to meet the needs of the project and our customers
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree plus at least 5 years of work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 1+ years of experience supporting and developing Ruby applications
• 1+ years of experience supporting and developing Java applications
• 1+ years of experience working in an Agile team development environment using Jira or a similar tool
• Experience writing automated unit tests
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to collaborate with team members to ensure client needs and expectations are met or exceeded
• Demonstrates a passion for solving complex software challenges, and enjoys working alongside fellow team members to make that happen
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experience developing against relational databases (e.g., Oracle, PostgreSQL)
• Experience working in an automated development environment, using CI/CD tools such as Git, Bamboo, Jenkins, SonarQube
• Experience developing in and deploying to a Cloud environment (such as Amazon Web Services)
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
• Experience with JMS (e.g., IBM MQ, ActiveMQ)
Dev Technology Group operates in the following states: AR, AZ, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, MD, MA, ME, MN, NC, NJ, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, WV
Over 20 years ago Dev Technology began providing IT solutions to meet the mission-critical needs of federal government by exceeding our clients’ expectations through partnership, a commitment to team work, collaboration, and valuing our employees. Dev Technology is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Equal employment opportunity will be applied to all phases of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline and termination.