Cubic Corporation is looking for a Network Security Engineer in Herndon – Apply Here!
Cubic Mission and Performance Solutions
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations, and the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
The candidate will be joining a cross-functional security team responsible for the security posture of commercial software products supporting DoD missions and providing on-site program security support to operations and development teams. The candidate will operate in both team and individual settings and will exercise sound judgement when guiding program entities through security frameworks, assessments, remediation, and improvements. The candidate will also have opportunities to work with and develop secure architectures, contribute to process refinement, and work with modern technologies to include containers, kubernetes, service-meshes, etc.
The candidate must demonstrate their knowledge of critical thinking and problem solving under limited supervision. Adhere to engineering standards for developing testable, maintainable, and well-documented security practices in accordance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Agile development methodology, tools and release processes.
• This is an onsite role. Must be able to work at the Springfield, VA office.
Essential Job Duties And Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain program RMF-based system security packages (SSPs)
• Identify, investigate, propose remediation, and resolve vulnerability-based technical issues
• Provide subject matter expertise on NIST 800-53 rev4/5 controls implementation and verification across server-based and cloud systems
• Conduct tool-assisted vulnerability and compliance network assessment updates, and work with relevant personnel to resolve findings
• Maintain system security boundary and data flow system engineering artifacts
• Communicate knowledge of current and upcoming customer technology-based guidance, standards, and requirements to organization developers
• Develop and refine common working processes and procedures between development teams, operations teams, program teams, and customer POCs
• Strong written communications and interpersonal skills; ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers, and technical and non-technical persons
• Review access and privilege escalation logs/dashboards to identify abnormalities, and work with relevant personnel to resolve findings
Minimum Job Requirements
• Candidates must have U.S. Citizenship and must hold a TS/SCI clearance
• Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity, software engineering, network engineering, computer science, computer engineering or a related discipline
• Candidates should possess 5-10 years of professional experience Candidate must be adept in both verbal and written communication and possess strong analytical skills
• Candidate must be responsible, organized, and leverage logical work methodologies
• Candidate should have the ability to produce technical writing artifacts describing security assessments, findings and remediation actions
• Basic to moderate understanding of Unix/Linux-based operating systems (RedHat, CentOS, Rocky, Ubuntu, etc.)
• Moderate to adept understanding of NIST frameworks and security assessments
• Moderate demonstrable knowledge of some security tools (ex. Nessus, Nmap, Wireshark, Wazuh, OWASP ZAP, Burp Suite, etc.)
• A qualifying 8570 security certification: CompTIA Security+, EC-Council CEH, (ISC)2 CISSP, SANS GIAC cert, etc.
• Experience with agile methodology and tools
• Moderate to adept demonstrable knowledge of security tools
• Experience implementing CIS benchmarks or DoD STIGs.
• Experience securing public cloud systems such as: AWS, MS Azure, Heroku, etc.
• Experience leveraging CI/CD pipelines and working with container-based technologies
• Moderate knowledge of virtualized environments
• Experience supporting software development teams and environments
• Moderate to adept understanding of Information Assurance and security requirements as it applies to the Department of Defense (IA controls, NIST, STIGs, etc.)