CNA Corporation is looking for a UI Designer in Arlington – Apply Here!
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches. We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
Develop UI/UX Design in one or more fields and apply this expertise to assigned projects. Work with internal colleagues and clients to support projects and complete deliverables on time.
Job Description And/Or Duties
• Works with minimal or no guidance on focused, well-structured pieces of projects. Works under closer supervision on more complex, less-structured tasks. Can serve as task lead for pieces of projects by managing own activities.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge within discipline/field as well as CNA’s organization and processes. Apply fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures as directed.
• Help prepare project reports and briefings.
• Begin to provide expertise related to project development.
• Assist in identifying and pursuing business development opportunities related to a subject of expertise.
• Assist in the development of proposals and marketing efforts in areas of expertise.
• Advise project team on planning, pursuit and success related to projects associated with areas of expertise.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
• Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience in the field(s) of expertise.
• Strong interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills
• Expertly facilitate meetings
• Structures and implements sessions to elicit design requirements from technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Creates wireframes and prototypes to communicate design solutions to developers, products managers, and program leadership
• Conducts usability studies and interviews
• Works with business analysts and developers in an Agile environment
• Understands advantages and disadvantages of design support tools such as Figma and use them effectively
• Experience in response design
• Familiarity with U.S. Web Design System (USWDS)
• Experience with 508 Compliance preferred
• Other: Must have or be able to obtain a security clearance upon hire with ability to maintain clearance.
• Remote/Hybrid Work Eligibility: This position is eligible for telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements at the discretion of the Supervisor. Employees may be required to work at CNA headquarters or other work locations resulting in changes to the scheduled telecommuting or hybrid work arrangements.
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters here: “EEO is the Law” Poster” , “EEO Poster Supplement” . The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster . To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.