ClearanceJobs is looking for a Release Manager in Arlington – Apply Here!
Alpha Omega Integration, LLC., a Virginia Business Best Places to work for 2012-2020, along with recognition such as the Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50, Inc. 5000 #143, Washington Technology Fast 50 #11, and the Vanguard Top Service Company Award is actively seeking passionate leaders to join our team, support our nation’s government agencies, and make a difference! Why Us? We foster a culture that values hard work and integrity. We are constantly awarding those who are self-starters, trustworthy, and have a good work ethic. If you like working with the latest in IT solutions and are looking to join an organization that is consistently voted one of the best in which to work, then check out your next career opportunity below! We are actively seeking team members who enjoy meeting challenges with a smile. We offer a fast-paced, growing environment that takes care of the overall development of our employees. Alpha Omega has an exciting opportunity for you to be part of a team where you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference. Job Title: Release Manager Work Location: Arlington, VA Clearance Required: U.S. Citizen, DHS Public Trust Position Description/Scope of Work: Alpha Omega is seeking a Release Manager to support an IT portfolio within a PMO for one of our DHS clients. The selected candidate will, at a minimum, fulfill the responsibilities listed in the Responsibilities section. Responsibilities: * Oversee the Release Management Process for a Major IT Investment,
• Plan releases of applications and features in accordance with mandated policies
• Communicate the project-related tasks such as plans, timelines, requirements, etc. between different teams.
• Coordinate the release schedule and resources required depending upon the third-party applications, defect backlogs, planned releases, and infrastructure updates. * Identify the risks that can delay the release and manage them, such that the scope scheduled, and quality of the release is not affected.
• Track the progress and find issues, if any. Always work to improve the process of release.
• Make sure that the release is planned, according to the requirements and budget.
• Schedule the release readiness reviews before deployment and milestone reviews after each release.
• Create plans for the implementation and deployment as per the release schedule.
• Plan and give weekly updates on the release activities
• Lead the Go-Live activities to deploy the software successfully.
• Team up with relevant development teams responsible for building the automation tools used to develop and deploy the software.
• Schedule meetings to discuss the release schedules with the team and find roadblocks, if any.
• Maintain documentation related to procedures on build and release, various notifications lists, and dependencies.
• Make improvements in the methodologies used for configuration management and development of software that helps to find ways to use in configuration management.
Required Skills: * Project management experience
• Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
• Team management skills
• Knowledge of traditional agile methodologies
• Good understanding of application infrastructure, system architecture, and operating system
• Excellent communication skills * Leadership skills
• Project management skills with knowledge of presentation
• Problem-solving and analytics skills
• Team and time management skills
Desired Skills: * Active or recent previous DHS experience HIGHLY desired.
Required Certification(s): * N/A
Desired Certification(s): * SAFe Practitioner
Travel Required: * Travel Required (list percentage and location): N/A
• Telecommute Options (if available, please specify number of days per week): 2 Days Tele-work for first three months. (Can be accelerated based on performance)
Alpha Omega Integration, LLC (Alpha Omega) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Alpha Omega will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Alpha Omega does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status).”