Citadel is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer in None – Apply Here!
Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) contribute to service quality by participating in product development from idea to inception, bringing innovation and cutting edge technology to reduce complexity and improve performance. SREs are responsible for taking applications to production, providing early support for applications in development, and ensuring crisp application function throughout its lifetime. SREs will have a deep understanding of how applications work and are able to rapidly iterate software for maximizing production quality. Individuals within the SRE teams will work closely with our development teams on automation, refactoring, and there will be movement between the SRE team and Dev teams to allow for maximum cross-pollination. The SREs are also involved in designing and deploying new generations of production applications and software infrastructure.
This role will primarily involve managing the configuration of multiple production silos, covering multiple asset classes, improving uptime, capacity, and performance of our systems. SREs diagnose and resolve critical production issues, manage incident tracking and analysis as well as manage critical and direct communication lines with business managers and development leads on all aspects of projects. The position calls for someone with a mind to innovate, automate, and constantly use measurements and statistics to improve. Members of the SRE team have software development backgrounds and a range of interests including but not limited to chaos engineering, production engineering, networking, UNIX internals and large-scale systems design.
• ·Ensure the reliability, availability, and performance of applications
• ·Own the automation of repetitive tasks and resolution of systematic issues
• ·Be a source of both ideas for improving applications and a part of the team that implements those ideas
• ·Understand the end to end flow across the various applications at both a technology and business level
• ·Identify and deliver green-field engineering solutions for issues based on root cause analysis
• ·Own incident management and resolution
• ·Lead by evangelizing the SRE mindset to other teams
• ·Provide support and ensure applications are production ready
• ·Strong background in computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, distributed systems
• ·Fully proficient in at least one modern structured programming language. Python or Java preferred
• ·Comfortable with a range of current software development tools and practices (testing, source control, build systems, CI/CD etc)
• ·SQL and database experience a strong plus.
• ·Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• ·Strong entrepreneurial spirit
• ·A passion for learning, adapting to changing requirements and technology and inventing new approaches to hard problems
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.