Capital One is looking for a UI Designer in McLean – Apply Here!
Locations: VA – McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
UX/UI Designer, Data Exchange
We are looking for a UX Designer with experience designing for technical products and a passion for solving complex problems. As a User Experience Designer on the Data Experience Design Team, we are passionate about human-centered design methods advocating for users needs and delivering experiences that will help transform how our associates work. In this role, you’ll be designing experiences for the platform and tools at the heart of our data ecosystem. You will work closely with Product and Tech partners to strategize, design, and develop associate-facing experiences that will integrate across our ecosystem. Your background in human-centered design will make you an advocate for our internal users as you iterate and test your concepts in a highly collaborative team environment.
The Design team at Capital One is at the forefront of enriching our customers’ digital and physical experiences. We champion a thriving environment of collaboration, authenticity and healthy critique, in which we honor diversity of thought, create a culture of belonging, and elevate one another. If you’re an innovator and storyteller who embraces an environment where you can experiment, learn, and change banking for good, we would love to hear from you.
About the role:
We seek someone who is human-centered in their approach to design and feels comfortable advocating for user needs. They are curious and demonstrate a passion for learning. They are capable of generating ideas and prototyping concepts that are anchored in research insights, subject knowledge, technology requirements, and business goals. They have an exuberant passion for the power of strategic design and an “anything is possible” mindset. They take pride in their work and yet they have a humble approach. They are able to contribute as a designer from end-to-end on projects, which means they are comfortable as researchers, data scientists, strategists, and designers. They employ design thinking methods to uncover insights that help inform design decisions. They are excellent communicators and feel comfortable presenting their design decisions in front of colleagues and stakeholders.
As a User Experience Designer on the Enterprise Data Design team, you will collaborate closely with your design team, as well as developers, product managers, strategists, system architects, and business stakeholders to strategize, design, and develop the internal platforms that are transforming how our associates work with data. Our goal is to free time, space, and doubt in the minds of our associates to allow them to deliver truly innovative experiences to our customers.
A typical day in the life of a UX Designer at Capital One:
• Collaborate with tech leads, product managers, developers, system architects, and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts
• Perform design research and create communication tools, such as journey maps, service blueprints, prototypes – whatever tool is right for the task at hand
• Build empathy and be an advocate for our customers through participation in human-centered research and design
• Translate user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems
• Meet with and have collaborativeconversations with people across the org who come at experience design from different angles–like Risk, AI, Brand, Developer Platform, Tools, and more
• Leverage analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making
• Utilize Lean and Agile methodologies
• Have strong communication and must be able to present ideas confidently
• Possess a strong understanding of or experience designing with and for data-driven products and services
• Present research findings and design concepts to designers, product and tech partners
• At least 2 years of professional experience with User Experience design
• At least 2 years of experience with design prototyping tools such as Figma or InVision
• At least 2 years of experience using human-centered design methodologies
• Experience designing for enterprise or technical experiences
• Comfortable working with Product and Tech partners
• Familiarity with working in an established design system
• Experience with service design, or using Service Design methods and processes
• Experience with Data Visualization
• At least 2 years of experience with visual design
• Live prototyping experience a big plus
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City
– $108,669 and $128,205 for Sr. Associate, Design
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letter.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).