Capital One is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer in McLean – Apply Here!
Locations: US Remote, United States of AmericaSenior Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive , and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you’ll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We are seeking Site Reliability Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies to join our team. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One.
The EMP (Enterprise Model Platform) SRE team is responsible for building, maintaining, and governing the model development kubernetes fleet. This includes but is not limited to the kubernetes control plane, workers, storage, addons, custom operators, and applications within each cluster as our team is the very foundation of the ML platform at Capital One. Additionally, this team owns microservices that enable self-service onboarding and interactions with the ML fleet of clusters. We work closely with various open source projects and internal teams to ensure a seamless experience for our internal customers building machine learning models.
What You’ll Do:
• Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies
• Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, and mentoring other members of the engineering community
• Collaborate with digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to help millions of Americans achieve financial empowerment
• Utilize programming languages like Java, Python, SQL, Ruby and Go, Container Orchestration services including Docker and Kubernetes, CM tools including Ansible and Terraform, and a variety of AWS tools and services
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least 4 years of experience in DevOps Engineering (Internship experience does not apply)
• At least 2 years of experience with Cloud Native technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
• At least 2 years of Unix or Linux system administration experience
• 2+ years of experience with Terraform or Ansible, CI/CD, Git, and Jenkins
• 2+ years of experience with multi-tenant container orchestration platforms and services including Docker and Kubernetes
• 2+ years of experience with Kubernetes based cloud-native technologies such as argo, kubeflow, istio, linkerd, and dex.
• 2+ years of experience with coding and Scripting (Python, Bash, SQL, and Golang or comparable languages)
• 2+ years of experience working with Agile Development Practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum Full time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked. Location is New York City- $156,596 and $184,748 for Senior Software EngineerLocation is Colorado- $132,699 and $156,555 for Senior Software Engineer
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letter. No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at (see below) . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to (see below)
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).