Capital One is looking for a Information Security Analyst in Germantown – Apply Here!
Locations: US Remote, United States of America
Cyber Security Operations Center Analyst (Remote) – (Friday-Sunday, 6pm-6am EST)
Capital One is looking for a talented Cyber Security Analyst with traditional network security and cloud infrastructure monitoring experience to join our Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC). TheCyber Security Operations Center Analyst position will require a deep knowledge of network protocols and infrastructure, log investigation techniques, knowledge and understanding of cloud infrastructures, and incident handling experience. Not only will you need to know about the threats to networks, applications, cloud infrastructure, and theory regarding network protocols, but also the ability to proactively identify signs of misuse and abuse using various log sources.
It is your responsibility to find the threat actors attempting to attack the Capital One infrastructure, and identify and stop any malicious actors who make it past our defenses.
This is a shift position from Friday-Sunday, 6:00pm-6:00am EST.
• High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification
• At least 3 years of experience conducting Cyber Security investigations
• At least 2 years of experience working with SIEM Security Tools
• At least 1 year of experience with system, cloud, application, and network logs
• At least 1 year of experience analyzing and identifying network traffic
• At least 1 year of experience with PCAP analysis
• At least 1 year of experience analyzing workstation or server endpoints
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 4+ years of experience working with SIEMs and evaluating SIEM alerts
• 2+ years of experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC)
• 2+ years of experience leveraging core security, cloud, and infrastructure technologies during investigations
• 2+ years of experience administering or investigating Mac OS, Linux OS
• CISSP, CISM, CCSP, Security+, CEH SANS GIAC 503 or 504, or AWS Security Certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City
– $156,596 and $184,748 for Prin Assoc, Cyber Technical
– $128,783 and $151,935 for Sr. Assoc, Cyber Technical
Location is Colorado
– $146,005 and $172,253 for Prin Assoc, Cyber Technical
– $120,061 and $141,645 for Sr. Assoc, Cyber Technical
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letter.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).