Capital One is looking for a DevOps Engineer in Derwood – Apply Here!
West Creek 7 (12077), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Senior DevOps Engineer (Remote – Eligible)
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive , and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you’ll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We are seeking Senior DevOps Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies to join our team. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One.
What You’ll Do:
• Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies
• Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, and mentoring other members of the engineering community.
• Utilize programming languages like Java, Scala, Python and Open Source RDBMS and NoSQL databases and Cloud based data warehousing services such as Redshift and Snowflake
• Collaborate with digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to help millions of Americans achieve financial empowerment
• Utilize programming languages like Java, Python, SQL, Ruby and Go, Container Orchestration services including Docker and Kubernetes, CM tools including Ansible and Terraform, and a variety of AWS tools and services.
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least 4 years of experience in DevOps Engineering (Internship experience does not apply)
• At least 2 years of experience with Cloud Native technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
• At least 2 years of Unix or Linux system administration experience.
• 2+ years of experience with Terraform or Ansible
• 2+ years of experience with AWS Lambda & Serverless services
• 2+ years of experience with container orchestration services including Docker or Kubernetes
• 2+ years of experience working with Agile Development Practices.
• 2+ years experience with Distributed data/computing tools (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, EMR, Kafka, Spark, Gurobi, or MySQL)
• 2+ years experience working on real-time data and streaming applications.
• At least 2 years of experience in ETL & Data Engineering.
• 2+ years of data warehousing experience (Snowflake)
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Certification
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City
– $156,596 and $184,748 for Senior Software Engineer
Location is Colorado
– $146,005 and $172,253 for Senior Software Engineer
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letter.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections ; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).