Capital One is looking for a Data Engineers in Jessup – Apply Here!
314 Main Street (21020), United States of America, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Senior Data Engineer – Principal Associate (Remote-Eligible)
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you thrive in and enjoy solving complex data engineering problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you’ll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who solve real-world problems and meet real customer needs.
We are seeking hands-on Data Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies and pushing the boundaries of what is possible. As a Capital One Data Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Finance Tech.
Are you driven by solving complex data engineering challenges and delivering solutions that others claimed to be impossible – until you proved them wrong by doing it? Do you optimize your own code and mentor others on how to optimize theirs? Do you live and breathe Graph Theory and have implemented its algorithms in production systems? Are you a pragmatic doer that thrives in taking an idea from inception to seeing it through to production while contributing to all aspects of the technical life cycle? Come join a high-performing data engineering team that specializes in solving complex challenges in OLAP style roll-ups and dynamic calculations for multi-dimensional hierarchical datasets and cubes.
What You’ll Do:
• Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions using your data engineering acumen in the full development lifecycle, using tools and technologies to analyze and manage complex data at scale
• Work with a team of developers with deep experience in data science, distributed microservices, and enterprise-grade solutions
• Utilize programming languages like Python, frameworks like DASK, Open Source Tools, Cloud Based NoSQL databases like DynamoDB, and AWS cloud infrastructure.
• Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, and mentoring other members of the engineering community
• Collaborate with digital product managers, peers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to help further Capital One’s On-Demand Finance programs.
• Perform unit tests and conduct reviews with other team members to make sure your code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least 4 years of experience in application development (Internship experience does not apply)
• At least 1 year of experience in big data technologies
• 5+ years of experience in application development including Python and using its data science libraries (SQL, Scala, or Java)
• 3+ years of experience with Distributed data/computing tools (DASK, MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, EMR, Kafka, Spark, Gurobi, or MySQL)
• 2+ years of experience with a public cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
• 2+ years of experience working on real-time data and streaming applications
• 2+ years of experience with NoSQL implementation (DynamoDB, Mongo, Cassandra)
• 2+ years of experience with UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting
• 2+ years of experience with Agile engineering practices
• 1+ years of implementation experience using Graph Theory and Hierarchical Data manipulation
• 1+ years of experience with Data Cubes and query languages (Hyperion, MDX)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City
– $156,596 and $184,748 for Senior Data Engineer
Location is Colorado
– $146,005 and $172,253 for Senior Data Engineer
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letter.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections ; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).