Capital One is looking for a Build Engineer in Washington Grove – Apply Here!
Locations: US Remote, United States of AmericaLead Software Engineer, Full Stack (Remote)
What are the kinds of technology problems that get you out of bed in the morning? Do you enjoy using modern technologies to solve complex business problems at scale in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you’ll be part of a group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who turn big ideas into practical solutions at scale to address real customer needs. As a Capital One Lead Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major digital transformation within Capital One.
We are part of Capital One’s Enterprise Services Risk. Our team provides the most advanced, sophisticated, and user-centric risk management capabilities in banking. The tools we build manage not only mitigate Capital One’s risk exposure but also protect our customers, data, and digital assets. We operate as a startup with a mindset of YBYO (You Build You Own). Our team helps simplify Capital One risk and compliance assessments. We work on all areas of the tech stack, including a React/VueJS frontend, Python and NodeJS for the backend. The team utilizes machine models to help our risk posture across the enterprise and uses feedback to improve decision making and provide unbiased risk insights, all on a AWS cloud native platform. We partner with Risk Managers, Data Analysts, and Product Managers and help them create innovative solutions that build the foundation for the Risk Office of the Future. Come help us build the next generation risk management platform and risk office of the future.
What You’ll Do:
• Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies
• Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, mentoring other members of the engineering community
• Collaborate with digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to help millions of Americans achieve financial empowerment
• Delivery based on micro service architecture and micro UI architecture by utilizing programming frameworks like React, VueJs for Front End and NodeJS and Python for Back End
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least 6 years of experience in software engineering (Internship experience does not apply)
• At least 1 year experience with cloud computing (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
• Master’s Degree
• 3+ years of AWS experience with services such as Lambda, Elastic Search, AWS Batch, Glue, DynamoDB, RDS and Snowflake
• 4+ years of experience in open source frameworks
• 1+ years of people management experience
• 2+ years of experience in Agile practices
• Familiarity with DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Ansible/Terraform)
• Experience with application monitoring
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum Full time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked. Location is New York City- $190,950 and $225,278 for Lead Software EngineerLocation is Colorado- $161,847 and $190,943 for Lead Software Engineer
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letter. No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at (see below) . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to (see below)
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).