Brooksource is looking for a Front-end Web Developer in Herndon – Apply Here!
GRFN Application Developer – Front End
100% Onsite Herndon, VA
The GEOINT Repository for Needs (GRFN) Program, currently in its third year of a 5-year contract with the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), provides critical capabilities to help enable efficient and timely GEOINT collection management across multiple collection providers. The GEOINT Information Management Services (GIMS) system operates on multiple security levels and combines FOSS/COTS software/hardware with a custom-built application to meet critical mission objectives. The program is structured utilizing DevSecOps and Agile methodologies. These software development methodologies emphasize communication, collaboration (information sharing and web service usage), integration, automation, and measurement of cooperation between software developers and other IT professionals. Operational stability is the program’s number one priority. As a member of the Development Team, the selected individual will be required to be part of an agile scrum team and be knowledgeable in numerous development tools and technologies.
The selected individual will be assigned to a scrum team within the development organization supporting numerous activities to include:
• Planning, conducting, and coordinating agile software development activities.
• Designing, developing, documenting, testing, and debugging software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to critical mission issues.
• Applying the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
• Applying knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software.
• Correcting program errors, compiling documentation of program development, and analyzing system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
• Ensuring software standards are defined and met.
Java development experience
Proven experience with Angular front-end development
Ability to troubleshoot and navigate multiple operating system environments including LINUX/Windows
Strong troubleshooting skills
Proven experience in COTS/FOSS integration and support
Ability to learn and implement new technologies
Applicant selected must possess, at minimum, a current TS clearance (with a current background investigation). Applicant will need to complete a crossover to the NGA customer and be briefed before starting on program.
Big data technologies to include: Data Ingest (JSON, Kafka, Microservices, Elastic Search), Analytics (HIVE, SPARK, R, PIG, OOZIE workflows), Elasticsearch, Hadoop (HIVE data, OOZIE, Spark, PIG, IMPALA, HUE), COTS Integration (Knowi, MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL RDS, Elastic, Logstash, Kibana, Zookeeper, Consul, HADOOP/HDFS), Docker and Chef