Booz Allen Hamilton is looking for a Machine Learning Engineers in Arlington – Apply Here!
Job Number: R0157798
Machine Learning Engineer
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors from fraud detection to cancer research, to national intelligence, you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve the government’s advanced analytics capabilities. You’ll work closely with your client to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, apply machine learning and deep learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help drive innovation, research, and development for our military and government leaders to make informed decisions. You’ll provide your client with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. This position is a hybrid role with a combination of working at a Booz Allen office or client site and working remotely.
Join us as we use data science for good in bringing decision support and innovation to our clients.
Empower change with us.
• 2+ years of experience with data science, machine learning engineering, data analytics, or software development
• Experience with common programming languages, including Python, C++, Java, or R
• Experience in working with structured, unstructured, or semi-structured data and conducting analysis
• Experience with data wrangling techniques to cleanse data for data science applications
• Experience with building statistical models and developing machine learning algorithms, including supervised, unsupervised, or reinforcement
• Experience with designing and executing machine learning models and applications
• Knowledge of the software development life cycle, testing, and version control
• Ability to obtain a security clearance
• Bachelor’s degree
Nice If You Have:
• Experience with distributed programming languages, including Spark or Scala
• Experience with data engineering and data science tools, including Databricks, ElasticSearch, Apache NiFi, or StreamSets
• Experience with business intelligence tools, including Tableau or Qlik
• Experience with data lakes, data warehouses, or data lake houses
• Experience with cloud services, including AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
• Experience with enterprise DataOps, DevSecOps, and MLOps processes to operationalize and monitor data science models
• Experience with CI/CD, including Git, Jenkins, and Docker
• Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full time and part time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs, individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits.
Salary for this position is determined by various factors, including but not limited to, location, the candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, competencies and experience, as well as contract specific affordability and organizational requirements. The proposed salary range for this position is outlined below.
Colorado: $63,000 – $131,600 (annualized USD)
New York (including New York City): $66,900 – $160,800 (annualized USD)
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the chance to:
• access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
• change the world with the Data Science Bowl-the world’s premier data science for social good competition
• participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.