Booz Allen Hamilton is looking for a Data Scientist in McLean – Apply Here!
Job Number: R0157101
Data Scientist, Junior
As a data scientist, you’re excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set, and you’re fascinated by the possibilities presented by IoT, machine learning, and artifi cia l intelligence. In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can help turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors from fraud detection to cancer research, to national intelligence, we need you to help find the answers in the data.
On our team, you’ll use your analytical skills to help create real-world impact. You’ll work closely with clients to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environments to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll work with and learn from your teammates as you develop algorithms and systems. You’ll use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn sets of disparate data points into objective answers so that your clients can make informed decisions. Ultimately, you’ll provide a deep understanding of the data, what it all means, and how it can be used.
Work with us as we use data science for good.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
• Experience with data exploration, data cleaning, data analysis, data visualization, or data mining
• Experience with statistical and general-purpose programming languages for data analysis
• Experience with using R, Perl, Python, SAS, or SPSS for analysis of data
• Knowledge of Machine Learning, Artifi cia l Intelligence, or Natural Language Processing
• Ability to develop predictive data models, quantitative analyses, and visualization of targeted data sources
• Ability to deploy natural language processing, text mining, or machine learning te chn iques
• Ability to perform scientific computing packages, including Numpy, Pandas, or SciPy
• Bachelor’s degree in CS
Nice If You Have:
• Experience with creating RESTful web services utilizing APIs, DevSecOps tools such as Github, Jira, or Je nk ins
• Experience with distributed data and computing tools, including MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, EMR, Kafka, Spark, Gurobi, or MySQL
• Experience with visualization packages, including Plotly, Seaborn, or ggplot2
• Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenShift
• Possession of excellent verbal or written communication skills to communicate te chn ical concepts to a non-te chn ical audience
• Master’s degree
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us-that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs , tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.
A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll develop your community in no time.
Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401 ( k ) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life-at work and at home.
Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.