Booz Allen Hamilton is looking for a Cloud Architect in Patuxent River – Apply Here!
Job Number: R0157509
Cloud Architect, Junior
We have the te chn ology, but do we know how to use it? In an industry where “Cloud” is sometimes synonymous with “genie,” it’s important to have someone on your team who knows how to engineer Cloud-based and hybrid on-premise and Cloud-based solutions. That’s why we need you, an engineer who knows how hardware and sof tware components fit together and integrate with Cloud-based resources, to help us modernize mission critical systems across a variety of our top clients.
As a Cloud engineer on our team, you’ll help to create solutions to drive the next wave of innovation . You’ll recommend tools and capabilities based on your research of the environment and knowledge of various on-premise, Cloud-based, and hybrid resources. You’ll work with our engineering, architecture, and migration teams to inform strategy and architecture design. This is an opportunity to stay on top of the latest Cloud capabilities as you lead efforts to prototype between te chn ologies and te chn iques. You’ll be able to broaden your skillset into areas like automation, scripting, and containerization while developing critical systems for several of our clients . Join our team as we transform the way government agencies manage data and information by taking advantage of Cloud te chn ology.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
• 2+ years of experience working in a professional environment
• Knowledge of Azure or Amazon Web Services ( AWS )
• Knowledge of Linux and Linux System Administration
• Ability to obtain a security clearance
• HS Diploma or GED
Nice If You Have:
• Experience with implementing and maintaining automation and orchestration platforms, including Je nk ins and GitLab
• Experience with additional tools and te chn ologies, including Docker, Kubernetes, or Ansible
• Experience with writing scripts and tying together services, functionalities, and tools using te chn ologies, including Python scripting, Bash, Boto3, PowerShell, and YML and JSON templates
• Knowledge of design patterns
• Ability to use automation tools, Infrastructure-as-Code, and Configuration-as-Code to manage installations, pipelines, and scripting
• Secret clearance
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics
• AWS or Azure Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information .
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have access to:
• experts in virtually every field
• a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
• opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and te chn ical courses, certifications, and books. Build your te chn ical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.