Booz Allen Hamilton is looking for a Back-end Web Developer in Columbia – Apply Here!
Back-End Developer and Data Wrangler
As a back-end developer, you know that a good site or system needs the right combination of clean code, APIs, analytics, and infrastructure to develop a user-focused solution. We’re looking for an experienced back-end developer with the software engineering skills it takes to identify potential risks, contribute to solution development, and create efficient and effective systems for our clients.
As a back-end developer at Booz Allen, you’ll use the latest architectural approaches and open-source frameworks and tools to deliver solutions. Using your software engineering experience, you’ll work with the development team to create custom tools, systems, and sites with consistent performance and scalability.
In this role, you’ll make a mission-forward impact as you further your skillset and career. Work with us as we shape systems for the better.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
• 7+ years of experience with software development
• Experience with working in UNIX or Linux-based environments and familiarity using the UNIX shell
• Experience with object–oriented programming languages including Java, and scripting languages including Python
• Experience with relational databases, including PostgreSQL
• Experience with large-data processing technologies, including Apache Spark
• Experience with data modeling
• TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
• Bachelor’s degree
Nice If You Have:
• Experience with unstructured databases, including Elasticsearch and graph databases
• Experience with AWS
• Experience with Agile development environments
• Experience with Atlassian tools such as JIRA or Confluence
• Ability to gather requirements from project teams and determine priorities
• Ability to work in an ambiguous, fast–paced, highly collaborative, and team–oriented environment and balance long– and short–term taskings
• Ability to exhibit flexibility, initiative, and innovation
• Bachelor’s degree in an IT or computer science related field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Top Secret Clearance with polygraph is required.
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.
A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll develop your community in no time.
Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.
Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.