Booz Allen Hamilton Inc. is looking for a Cloud Security Analyst in McLean – Apply Here!
Cloud Security Operations Center Analyst
Are you ready to take a strategic role in cyber defense supporting National Defense? Do you want to use your experience-based knowledge to protect critical government infrastructure from the constant onslaught of cyber-attacks? If you want a position that uses your extensive threat analysis skills to perform advanced threat identification and complex incident response, you want to be a Tier 3 SOC analyst.
As an analyst on our SOC team, you’ll analyze logs, forensic data, and threat intelligence to find the advanced threats that are escaping detection. Using your deep understanding of your customer’s networks, combined with your cybersecurity expertise, you’ll analyze patterns to understand attackers’ goals and stop them from succeeding. Once you find the adversary in the SEIM’s blind spot, you’ll advise on ways to close the gaps and harden their network. Let’s outsmart malicious actors and protect our nations critical infrastructure. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
Empower change with us.
• 2+ years of experience as a security analyst working in a security operations center (SOC) environment
• Experience with analyzing cyber intrusions or malware
• Experience with AWS or GCP cloud environment using security tools, including GuardDuty, Inspector, Security Hub, Detective, CloudTrail, or CloudWatch, Access Transparency, Chronicle, Security Command Center, or Assured Workloads
• Knowledge of security operations service capabilities, including monitoring, detection, analysis, incident response, solutions architecture, engineering, tool deployment, integration, and support
• Knowledge of the integration of threat intelligence, threat hunt, forensics, and malware analysis into security operations
• Ability to obtain a security clearance
• HS diploma or GED
Nice If You Have:
• Experience with security solutions, including SIEM, IDS and IPS, DLP, EDR, deep-packet analysis, FW, log analysis, malware analysis, and other open-source tools
• Knowledge of security policies, procedures, processes, and regulations
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of technical versus business risks to communicate these to leadership
• Ability to communicate with management and other technical subject matter experts and operators
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full time and part time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs, individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits.
Salary for this position is determined by various factors, including but not limited to, location, the candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, competencies and experience, as well as contract specific affordability and organizational requirements. The proposed salary range for this position is outlined below.
Colorado: 130,000 to 160,00 (annualized USD)
New York (including New York City): 110,000 to 130,000 (annualized USD)
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people-that’s Booz Allen cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
• Competitions – From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we’ve got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
• Paid Research – Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
• Cyber University – CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere-including your phone-and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
• Academic Partnerships – In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we’ve partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in cybersecurity-fully funded without a tuition cap.
• Maker/Hackerspaces – Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.