BNY Mellon is looking for a Back-end Web Developer in Pittsburgh – Apply Here!
Full Stack Developer Mainframe
Technology Services Group (TSG) powers BNY Mellon by providing scale, capacity, and capability to deliver the critical technology required to operate the global financial services markets.
TSG is defined by three core values:
• Creative innovators, delivering excellence and simplicity
• Always doing the right thing for the bank, colleagues, and clients
• Fostering a collaborative, diverse and inclusive environment, where we challenge each other to execute as one TSG team
As part of TSG, Architecture & Engineering:
• Define enterprise technology architecture and engineering principles and best practices
• Develop next-generation engineering solutions focused on Resiliency and Innovation
• Engineer and integrate the critical systems and platforms used across the bank and with external Clients
As a Specialist, Full Stack Developer you will join our Enterprise View team. You will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of both front and back-end components of the application. This application consists of components that reduce risk and improve the productivity of applications and developers utilizing the IBM mainframe environment. This application consists of a web based front-end with a mainframe DB2 back-end. The main components include:
• Mainframe Entitlement Review and Certification modules for ACF2, RACF, and DB2
• Mapping, tracking, and reporting of all mainframe configuration items (JCL, Programs, Files, Databases, Transactions, etc.) for application impact analysis, alerting, asset tracking, and charge-back
• Auditing and upgrade modules that provide centralized controls and data analysis capabilities.
• Participate in the technical design, development, and implementation of application components.
• Designs and codes programs, creates test transactions, and writes documentation that describes installation and operating procedures
• Utilizes standard procedures and techniques to write new programs of moderate complexity (programs involving match/merge processing, utilization of DB2 tables, and web site delivery)
• Understands and follows the Software Development Life Cycle
• Analyses and resolves issues and incidents with the application
• Interacts with stakeholders by responding to any support questions
– IBM Mainframe skills such as but not limited to: TSO/ISPF, JCL, REXX, Endevor.
– SQL query coding techniques.
– Windows Server, IIS, Adobe ColdFusion or comparable web development tools and practices.
– Windows Desktop and Office Products such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
This is a talent pipeline requisition
The job holder uses existing and emerging technology platforms to design, develop and document technically detailed applications. S/he writes new complex systems (a grouping of programs involving multiple levels of table dimension and internal sorts that accomplishes a particular new function), designs and codes programs and creates test transactions. S/he also analyzes organizational needs and goals to develop and implement application systems. Provides application software development services or technical support in situations of moderate complexity. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data.Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code. Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites. Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to satisfy requirements and solutions. Maintain software functionality and currency (technical debt and gain). Actively participate in code reviews. Integrate software components into a fully functional software system. Apply security and privacy principles.Execute full lifecycle software development. Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures. Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems. Ensure software is updated with latest features. Participate in deployment process following all change controls. Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms. Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.Active learning engagement. Complete all required mandatory training / policy awareness curricula on time. Use learning tools such as Pluralsight to complete both recommended and aspirational targets set in personal development plans.Demonstrate team work. Leverage existing products/functionality and promote reuse. Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices. Collaborate closely with all the other members of the team to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to. Collaborate cross-functionally with data engineers, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions. Utilize local meetups to gain and share knowledge.Compiles documentation written by more senior developers of all procedures used in system. Acts as mentor to junior level engineers.Prior experience with using a specific application development toolkit and knowledge of a mainframe development language required (i.e. COBOL, DB2, CICS) Job holder must have thorough knowledge of company’s IT infrastructure and daily operations and understand the impact of planned changes. S/he must have knowledge about the functions and features of modern and traditional structured methods for developing applications. Communications and organization skills; team work skills Contributes to the achievement of related teams’ objectivesMODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTSBachelor’s degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required2-6 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus; should have thorough knowledge of the software development cycle S/he must also have experience developing mainframe applications. Job holder must be knowledgeable about cross-platform interoperability (multiple platforms. NT, Intranet, etc.) , major tools in a toolkit for a specific platform and features of multiple toolkits. S/he must be experienced at resolving hardware, software, and communications malfunctions and understand the business impact of resolving complications.. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.