BLUE ORIGIN is looking for a Network Security Engineer in Reston – Apply Here!
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth!
As part of a small, hardworking and accomplished team of experts, you will protect and secure for various enterprise systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of Cyber Security. Additionally, the team member will lead and assist with many aspects of operations and engineering on the Cyber Security team. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
In this role you will work with engineering, development and architecture groups to continue maturing our cloud solutions to fulfill security requirements for existing and new applications and systems. You will contribute to the design, documentation and deployment of new and existing security technologies. We work closely with the Cyber Security, partner and customer teams to perform architectural and engineering reviews and submissions to support objectives. You will be responsible for documenting processes and procedures relating to Cyber Security technologies. You will assist the Cyber Security Sr. Manager with maintaining the Cyber Security Roadmap. This role to supports the security organization with maintaining customer compliance requirements revolving around NIST, ISO and CNSSI. As a senior member of the team, you will also be responsible for mentoring other team members on Security technologies and standards.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and dedication to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
• Work with engineering and development groups providing hands on engineering of AWS Cloud security services for existing/new applications and systems.
• Lead the deployment and continuous improvement of new and existing security technologies in cloud environments.
• Work with other departments to implement cloud security into work and data flows to ensure compliance and manage risk.
• Maintain and support other Cyber Security technologies including CASB.
• Document processes and procedures relating to Cyber Security technologies.
• Assist the Cyber Security Sr. Manager with maintaining the Cyber Security Roadmap.
• Support the security organization with maintaining customer compliance requirements revolving around NIST and ISO.
• Mentor other team members on Security technologies and standards.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years performing deployments, integrations and managing security tools such as CASB and AWS security services.
• Familiarity with various host, network and cloud-based security technologies to own the maintenance and lifecycle of technology.
• Experience with NIST800 standards including 30, 53, 82, and 171
• Experience with ISO27000 series standards
• Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization up to the Executive Staff and external customers
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving, growing, and multifaceted environment
• Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
• Applicable Security Certifications – CISSP, GIAC Certifications, CISM, CISA, Security+
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
Estimated salary wage (Colorado only): $117K – $195K
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at [email protected]
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays