Big Huge Games is looking for a Front-end Web Developer in Timonium – Apply Here!
Big Huge Games is looking for a talented Web Developer to join our accomplished game development team. You will be part of a highly skilled and innovative group that is responsible for creating world-class games and related technologies, with your focus being on our front end web development. We are looking for candidates who combine strong programming skills with the ability to work well with others. Your input and technical abilities will help contribute to our long-term development and direction.
The Web Developer will work closely with our game development team to build websites which enable our teams to deliver industry-leading games. You will be working with multiple teams to identify best practices for presentation and security, along with employing industry standards to create state-of-the-art browser based platforms where players can interact with our games and with one another. After deploying and delivering websites, you will continue to iterate with users on our teams to maintain and improve those sites over time. This is an important and challenging role where you will have the opportunity to make a large impact across our studio and product portfolio!
• Design, implement, deploy, and maintain websites which enable players from around the world to interact with products offered by the studio.
• Capture and synthesize requirements from multiple teams across different disciplines (Design, Art, QA, Product, Engineering) on what content should be presented, and its functionality.
• Be a ‘customer’ focused champion for efficient web-based content creation.
• Hold regular stakeholder meetings to gather feedback on projects and make changes as required
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 3+ years experience in web development, software engineering, or related industry
• Software engineering skills, including the ability to write maintainable and robust code
• Familiarity with server side and game development languages and engines (examples include: Unity, C#, .NET Core, Java, Redis, Memcached)
• Experience developing in and supporting all stages of the development lifecycle
• Understand the principles of SEO.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Strong oral and written communications with excellent team and interpersonal skills
• Experience doing development in the gaming industry.
• Experience with graphic design applications.
• Experience building large-scale, high-performance, maintainable web applications.
• Ability to work in a non-traditional web development role, focusing on strong and responsive UX
• Git, TeamCity, Vault
• Experience with Test Driven Development
Our headquarters are located in Timonium, MD. While we prefer MD-based candidates, with mutual agreement, we can accommodate a remote work environment for candidates from a few approved states.