Bethesda Game Studios is looking for a Back-end Web Developer in Rockville – Apply Here!
Come join Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning development team behind Starfield, The Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Bethesda Game Studios strives to offer its employees a well-balanced home and work life by providing competitive salaries, a generous benefits program, and offices located in some of North America’s best cities.
With a goal of creating a culture as fun and diverse as our games and our players, we welcome applicants with unique skillsets, experience levels and backgrounds. If you are passionate about making a meaningful contribution to some of the most significant games in the industry we’d love to hear from you!
Your Daily Life at Bethesda Game Studios
As Backend Programmer, you will…
• Implement and maintain new and existing features under the direction of a Lead Programmer
• Add features to existing micro-services and create new micro-services as needed to support game features.
• Participate in a rolling 24/7 on-call schedule to address live issues if they arise
• Actively provide code review and feedback for other developers
• Learn new technologies and programming languages as needed
• Collaborate with other programmers and programming teams to deliver high-quality, complex systems – this includes Ops Infra, Security, QA, NOC
What Makes You S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
• You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
• You have 2+ years of building web APIs in Go
• You have experience working in a Linux development environment
• You have experience working with either AWS or Azure
• You are knowledgeable in Dockerizing web applications
• You possess developer experience modeling data in NoSQL (MongoDB, DocumentDB, Redis, etc…)
• You have experience with version control systems (GitHub preferred)
• You have excellent written and verbal skills
• You are knowledgeable about REST APIs
• You have experience supporting and developing for high volume web applications
• You possess a desire to learn new languages and technology
• You ideally have some C++ experience
• You have TypeScript experience