BAE Systems is looking for a SQL in Washington – Apply Here!
BAE Systems, Inc. is currently looking for a SQL Server Database Administrator/Database Engineer Senior to join an innovative team in Washington, DC. This position supports the development of mission-critical applications for a federal government client focused on national security.
SQL Server Database Administrator
The SQL Server DBA technical consultant shall be designated as key personnel and is considered essential to the work performed for this task. The following position description defines the duties and technical responsibilities. The SQL Server DBA technical consultant shall be required to be dedicated and available to support the tasks on a full-time basis. Though the Contractor is a technical part of the task team, Contractor shall be required to perform Operations and Maintenance, Database Administration, tasks and other technical responsibilities.
Operations and Maintenance
Experience in monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintaining SQL Server databases. Operations and Maintenance (O&M) support will be available during normal duty hours of 0700 to 1700 Monday through Friday, Eastern Standard Time (EST), excluding Federal holidays. Contractor support includes:
• Operations and maintenance of the various SQL Server databases.
• Timely alerts to the designated Government representative when additional hardware or software is required to maintain the availability or performance of database functionality.
• Support activities throughout the implementations of FBI Program projects to include:
• SQL Server database installation, configuration, and technical support
• Configure all levels of High Availability Solutions such as Mirroring, Windows Failover Clustering, and Always on High Availability Group
• Coordinate and support SQL Server database and application upgrades
• Set up/create database maintenance jobs/tasks, configure Database Mail, and alert notifications regarding the status of the SQL Server infrastructure and databases
• Plan, coordinate, design, develop, test, and implement SQL Server database backup and disaster recovery routines
• Create and maintain SQL Server physical database structures based on logical design specifications provided by the application developers
• Conduct and produce data designs, E-R diagrams, and database deployments for customer support
• Set up and maintain Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and Encryption in Transit
• Produce database management tool utilizing SQL statements and conduct SQL statements code reviews recommending improvements
• Create, deploy and manage reports using SSRS, MS Power BI, and SSIS.
• Manage database migrations from MS Access databases and provide recommendations to customers when in need of support
• Provide technical and functional analysis in the SQL Server database environments.
• Requirements Analysis: Conduct a thorough analysis of operational, technical, and systemic requirements for any required modification to maintain the SQL Server databases.
• In collaboration with the application developers, plan, coordinate, design, develop, test, and execute data migrations to/from SQL Server databases.
• Perform modifications to SQL Server environments to support changes to the applications, reporting requirements, and user requests.
• Development of SQL Server databases to support new or current applications, ensuring physical or virtual database configuration and storage needs are met.
Experience with database administration for existing database and future database systems:
• Administration of access control for FBI SQL Server database systems
• Administration of SQL Server databases
• Ensure compliance with established FBI SQL Server database standards and propose new/revised standards as necessary.
• Monitor existing SQL Server databases’ storage needs and perform fine-tuning to ensure the databases are running efficiently.
• Assist with SQL Server database upgrades and patches.
• Provide support for data migrations from legacy systems into SQL Server databases utilizing readily available tools
Familiar with the Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs) regarding security of databases. Support Certification & Accreditation (C&A) activities based on defined Security Division (SecD) policies and instructions. Support may be provided during multiple phases of the C&A process including definition, verification, validation, and post-accreditation.
Clearance Required: TS
No Remote Opportunity