BAE Systems is looking for a AR/VR in Rockville – Apply Here!
Job Description *****Though this job posting states possession of a security clearance is required, we will consider candidates who are eligible and able to obtain a government clearance and will initiate the clearance process for those who accept the position.***** BAE Systems is seeking a Summer 2023 Intern (Mechanical Engineer, Systems Engineer, Software Engineer, or Computer Engineer) to be a part of our System Visualization team working on virtual reality (VR) visualizations and CAD on the US/UK TRIDENT Submarine Strategic Weapon System and US Attack Weapon System programs. The selected candidate will work closely with numerous engineering teams to support the development of VR environments by performing the following functions:
• Test VR office environments using HTC VIVE HMDs and 3D projection screens
• Develop in Lua programming language to create and maintain VR environments
• Develop user interactions in VR with custom GUIs and CAD models
• Review VR environments and associated CAD models
• Assist engineers with VR demonstrations to stakeholders The I&S LEAP Intern Program offers current college students hands-on experience and development opportunities in technology, engineering, intelligence, and business. In addition to on-the-job training, the I&S LEAP Internship Program offers: Competitive Pay: Earn a competitive hourly wage, working full-time (Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week) through the run of the program (typically mid-May through August). Opportunity for Future Employment: Many of our I&S interns return as interns and/or are hired on full-time after completing their degree. Challenging and Meaningful Work: Your work will be challenging and impactful with on-the-job training and the opportunity to complete a summer project. Networking and Development Opportunities: You will have the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships as you participate in workshops, mentor programs, presentations with senior leaders, and other networking and development events across the summer. Required Education, Experience, & Skills * Candidate should have completed or nearing completion of 2 years of coursework towards the degree at an accredited college/university
• Knowledge of programming languages, such as Lua
• Knowledge of HW/SW integration and development for AR/VR
• Prior success with hands on 3D environments and CAD models
• Proficiency with CAD software (preferably Creo Parametric)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively with others
• Demonstrated self-starter with organizational, planning, and follow up skills Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills * Experience with Creo Parametric About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.