ASM Research, LLC is looking for a Cloud network Engineer in Fairfax – Apply Here!
Cloud Network Engineer
In this role, you will be a member of the Cloud Management Platform & Services (CMPS) team responsible for maintaining and delivering key technologies streams for the service line multi-tenant and multi-cloud production-computing platform.
• Configure, troubleshoot, and execute networking/firewall configurations for complex multi-cloud and multi-region solutions
• Manage and design advanced networking implementations with an expertise in Fortinet technology (Fortiweb WAF Solution, Fortigate)
• Design and apply effective security strategies on cloud networks — AWS, OCI and Microsoft Azure and provide support for the GovCloud sector
• Proficient at creating, implementing, and troubleshooting external Web Application Firewall rules, such as URL rewrites, content based rewrites, etc.
• Maintain current firewalls, such as performing upgrades, troubleshooting network related tickets, managing security remediations
• Understand cloud infrastructure and on prem network designs, including network segmentation and security solutions
• Proficient in maintaining Spoke/Hub network topologies
• Handle escalated (critical) incidents and provide technical workarounds for tickets related to port openings, WAF rewrite rules, whitelisting, network errors, application network configurations, etc.
• Analyze critical incidents and Identify design related gaps that caused the incident to define preventive actions
• Assess the network security gaps and recommend solution, keep up knowledge on cloud network security
• Perform scripting and coding for GovCloud environments as it relates to networking — DevNet
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related field or equivalent relevant experience
• Minimum of 8 years supporting Network environments
• Minimum of 2 years of supporting Cloud Network environments
• Experience working with AWS, Azure, or OCI cloud platforms
• Firewall and Load Balancing technology experience; Fortinet, Palo Alto, Check Point, Mod Security, F5, Citrix Netscaler, Equinix, etc.
• Strong understanding of application, server, and cloud network security
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust
• Fortinet NSE Certification preferred
• Associate level cloud certification such as: AWS-CSA-A (AWS), MCSA Cloud Platform (MS Azure), or Professional Cloud Architect (GCP) preferred
• CompTIA Network+ and/or CCNP certification preferred
Other Job Specific Skills
• Experience working with Equinix Connect Routers
• Familiarity with Terraform, Ansible, Salt Stack or similar automation tools are a benefit as we drive towards Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
• Experience with FedRAMP, NIST 800-53, DOD IL4, IL5 and/or IL6 security controls, continuous monitoring and assessment & authorization and other federal security standards and guidelines.
• Familiarity with PIV Integration, Terraform, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment experience (Jenkins, GitLab, etc.)
• Bring a high sense of urgency for all tasks
• Strong multi-tasking abilities and able to provide timely responses
• Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to prioritize and complete tasks within schedule
• Excellent oral and written communications to exchange information, explain procedures, techniques, and answer questions in a clear logical manner.
• Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to provide professional documentation (diagrams, specifications, technical requirements, and proposal content).
• Experience architecting, designing, implementing, and maintaining complex network infrastructures.
• Proven ability to develop and manage infrastructure design patterns, standards, blueprints, application frameworks, configurations, product technical solutions and roadmap.
• Maintains knowledge of backup/recovery practices.
U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes
Light office duties
which may include sitting for prolonged periods of time, viewing digital
screens for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 10 pounds, use of a desk
or mobile phone, typing on a keyboard, writing with a pen, pencil, or stylus, etc.
It is the policy
of ASM that an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual
orientation or national origin are not and will not be considered in any
personnel or management decisions. We affirm our commitment to these
All recruiting, hiring, training, and
promoting for all job classifications is done without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, disability, or age. All decisions on employment are
made to abide by the principle of equal
The physical requirements described in
“Knowledge, Skills and Abilities” above are representative of those which must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this
job. (For example, “light office duties’ or “lifting up to 50 pounds”
or “some travel” required.) Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with qualifying disabilities, who are otherwise qualified,
to perform the primary functions.
The preceding job
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed
to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
ASM Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, creed, ancestry, marital status, non-job-related handicap or disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.