Apex Systems is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer in Newport News – Apply Here!
Apex Systems has an Immediate Need for a fully REMOTE Site Reliability Engineer! This will be a 6 Month “Contract to Permanent Hire” supporting one of our Largest Commercial Clients on the East Coast. Please see below for all details.
Position: Site Reliability Engineer
Location: 100% Remote
Terms: 6 Month Contract to Hire
Shift: Monday – Friday day shift
Areas of Impact:
• Provides support and coordinates triage efforts to resolve technical issues for enterprise class applications that are hosted in the cloud
• Works closely with development teams to understand, evaluate and propose solutions to meet current and anticipated future growth challenges.
• Builds, improves, and runs critical backend services as well as tooling and automation to allow multiple product teams to release and scale their software optimally and predictably.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead by example to instill a culture of continuous improvement and optimization among your counterparts
• Responsible for developing, implementing, and optimizing the efficiency of infrastructure as well as the reliability, and scalability of our technology stacks
• Assist in establishing requirements, methods and procedures for routine maintenance
• Build serverless and containerized systems and services within Azure and Oracle environments
• Solve existing systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develop solutions
• Support the application both infrastructure and software
• Responsible for platform deployments
• Help design, build and maintain configuration management automation and deployment automation with various tool
• Implement monitoring and alerting schemes to detect and notify when performance thresholds are not being met
• Deployment of applications with technologies such as Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Tomcat, Apache, and nginx or others.
• Build auto-scaled systems with Kubernetes, Jenkins, and Ansible.
• Tune server and application-level performance monitoring and alerting
• CI/CD build pipeline with Jenkins and Artifactory
Qualifications and Requirements:
• 3-5 years of software development experience required
• 2-3 years general Application/Systems Administration experience required
• Experience with Azure and Oracle Cloud required
• Experience with AD and Azure AD required
• Experience with Linux – Red Hat, Debian, Ubuntum CentOS required
• Experience working in a high traffic enterprise environment required
• SSL and certificate management, sSH and RSA, Oauth 2.0, cloud based storage required
• Experience with Kubernetes required
• Advanced experience with CI/CD systems
• Advanced knowledge of the Linux operating systems CLI
• Understanding of complex web hosting configuration components, including firewalls, load balancers, CDNs, web and database servers
• Experienced in server side scripting languages
• Understanding of Configuration management systems (puppet/chef/etc)
• Proficient with containerization (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
• Log aggregators (Log Analytis, Splunk, etc)
• Network- Telnet, IP/Ifconfig, Port
• Security (Palo Alto’s)
• Command Line Languages – Powershell, Ansible, Bash, etc
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or