Apex Systems is looking for a NLP Engineer in Aurora – Apply Here!
Apex Systems is seeking an AI/ML Engineer with experience in Natural Language Processing OR Computer Vision!
• An active DoD Top Secret clearance is required*
As an NLP Engineer / Architect you will:
• Design, test, and deploy novel NLP solutions to solve our customers’ hardest problems
• Review NLP software updates from the team and provide recommendations and guidance
• Develop (hands-on coding) NLP algorithms using common open-source libraries
• Provide recommendations on operationalizing NLP solutions as part of a scalable architecture
• Design a text pre-processing pipeline to prepare data for training/executing NLP algorithms
• Clearly explain the benefits and limitations for various NLP architectures
• Support proposals and customer outreach to grow the NLP portfolio
• Provide servant leadership support for a team of developers and researchers to foster an environment of innovation and inclusion
• Review NLP publications to understand cutting-edge concepts and identify techniques that we should explore
• Author technical reports and publications
• Experience with modern transformer-based NLP models such as BERT, XLNet, RoBERTa, Longformer, etc. Significant experience developing and delivering software solutions in Python
• Development experience using one or more NLP Python libraries such as Hugging Face/Transformers, spaCy, NLTK, TextBlob, Gensim, etc.
• Experience with Python and any of the following Python machine learning frameworks: PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch Lightning, and/or scikit-learn / scikit-image
• Experience with several successful NLP development efforts, for applications such as text categorization, named entity recognition, autocompletion, translation, or sentiment analysis
• Experience with common developer tools, like Jira, BitBucket, Gitlab, Github, etc.
• Effective communicator with the ability to write and present technical reports
Desired skill (bonus points):
• Familiarity with using AWS cloud computing resources such as EC2, S3, Lambda, etc.
• Familiarity with other programming languages, such as C++, Go, Rust, C#, or Java
• MS or PhD in machine learning, computer science, mathematics, or relevant fields
• Experience implementing algorithms on the GPU in Python or C++ using CUDA and other CUDA libraries
• Experience in application deployment, virtualization, and containerization