Apex Systems is looking for a Network Security Engineer in Arlington – Apply Here!
Title : Network Security Engineer
Salary : $140,000 / year
Position type : Direct hire
Location : 2-3 days on site in Arlington VA
Hours : Flexibility to choose 8-hour shift covering core support hours of 9 : 00 am 3 : 00 pm. Can be 7 : 00 3 : 00 or 9 : 00 5 : 00 Requirements :
• Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Clearance is required
• At least 5 years of experience with LAN and WAN hardware including Juniper, Cisco, Palo Alto, Load Balancing, cable and rack management
• At least 5 years of experience with routing, troubleshooting engineering, and network architecture
• At least 5 years of experience in analyzing, installing, configuring, enhancing and / or maintaining the components of an enterprise network Responsibilities :
• Design wired and wireless local area networks (LANs), IP management, and Network security services
• Oversee installation and management of circuit provisioning.
• Monitor performance and usage parameters of WAN circuits
• Act as a contract lead for network operations, management, and monitoring.
• Design the development, support, and security of network test environments for all network services
• Demonstrate subject matter expertise in Routing, Switching, Remote access, Security Information, Event management, and Next Generation Firewalls with product specific knowledge of Cisco and Juniper Switches, and Palo Alto Networks Firewalls.
• Provide Network and Security engineering support for internal systems integration projects such as the cloud-based services, VOIP, virtualized infrastructure, server and storage environment
• Development and maintenance of the physical and logical network design documentation, network diagrams, and security best practices.
Experience with ITIL, CMMI, and / or PMP processes and implementation.
• Respond to and remediate the efforts of malicious activity and intrusions as defined in the Incident Management process.
• Provide last tier support during normal business and after hours in critical network outage situations to provide quick resolution
• Guide and / or assist junior staff with operational tasks and projects under the team portfolio
• Coordinates efforts onsite with and reports results to the DOS OIG CIO or CIO designate. Technical Skills :
• Knowledge of network security and network access control best practices
• Deep understanding of network protocols – IPSEC, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Multi-link Point2Point, DHCP, SNMP, TCP, UDP
• Experience with utilizing least privilege
• Experience with VPN and security control aspects of Palo Alto Firewalls
• Experience using IPv6
• Multi-Factor Authentication experience
• Knowledge of TIC compliance / architecture
• VOIP experience preferred
• SD-WAN experience preferred Desired Certifications :
• Palo Alto Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE)
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
• Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
Last updated : 2022-11-20