Amentum is looking for a Machine Learning Engineers in Arlington – Apply Here!
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
DARPA Autonomous System and Machine Learning Engineer
CENTRA Technology, Inc. is a leading provider of engineering, scientific, and program management support services to some of the top agencies in the U.S. government, including the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), NASA, the Department of Homeland Security and the intelligence community. CENTRA is currently seeking talented, enthusiastic, and dynamic individuals to support DARPA in formulating, coordinating, monitoring, and transitioning advanced research and development programs to the U.S. military.
The Arlington, Virginia office is seeking an engineer to support cutting-edge, advanced technology development efforts at DARPA to include advising program managers on autonomous systems development/engineering, autonomy algorithms, reinforce machine learning, neural nets and robotics.
Required Technical Qualifications:
• Subject matter expertise in the areas of autonomy algorithms, machine learning, human machine interface and/or robotics
• Demonstrate experience and understanding of the autonomous system state of the art, technology development challenges and risk areas.
• Experience in supporting autonomous systems development efforts for defense-related technology research and/or development programs
• Experience with software and hardware in the loop testing
• Ability to quickly identify and resolve program execution issues
Desired Technical Qualifications:
• Experience with machine learning algorithms
• Understanding of Agile software development and test approaches
• Understanding of software systems engineering to include requirements and UML artifact development
Program technical support and management responsibilities may include:
• Providing technical support and subject matter expertise in monitoring the execution of advanced technology development and demonstration programs
• Performing independent technical assessments and feasibility analyses of the autonomy aspects of new technologies and system designs
• Aiding in the test planning, monitoring, and reporting on tests and demonstrations
• Supporting technical interchange meetings and design reviews
• Leading programmatic and technical discussions with government and industry teams
• Authoring and presenting program plans, status briefings and technical reports
• Supporting a geographically dispersed Government team
• Candidates will work closely with Government Program Managers as well as high level personnel throughout the government and industry research and development communities. Applicants must be technically strong and possess superior oral and written communications skills. Candidates should be self-starters capable of working both independently and as part of a team. Travel is required.
• Candidates should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other relevant degree with 7 years of relevant software development experience. A PhD or Master’s degree will not offset experience required.
• An advanced degree in computer science with specialization in AI or a related area is strongly preferred
• Active DOD Secret Clearance
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement