Amentum is looking for a Data Analyst in None – Apply Here!
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Amentum is seeking a Data Analytics Specialist for our Commercial Operations and Maintenance team. Typical work hours are 7:30am – 4:30pm; hours may vary based on business demand.
The Data Analytics Specialist performs analytical responsibilities of reporting, data mining, data analysis, performance tracking metrics, and related analysis functions as required. This position draws on experience, knowledge and/or training of technical operations required within Facility and Process/Production Maintenance as well as knowledge in basic financial processes and procedures from business experience.
• Assist with the implementation and maintenance of various databases, analytical systems, spreadsheets and graphics for operations control programs.
• Utilize FIS (Financial Information Systems) to pull and create automated reports for internal customers.
• Learns and assists with the creating efficient business process flows with cross functional groups to improve financial bottlenecks with automated processes.
• Collect operating data, site performance statistics and supporting data to maintain or create databases for analyses, reporting, or updating of key project milestones.
• Analyze facility / production information, statistics and data for trending, for use in writing reports, generating presentations, and making recommendations to improve facility availability, plant throughput capacity and factors limiting site productivity.
• Deploy and utilize software modules related to maintenance activity.
• Maintain working knowledge of facility / production indicators and site processes, policies and procedures to ensure recommended improvements are acceptable from a safety, risk and operational perspective.
• Create written documentation on processes, new and existing programs, and customer reports in Microsoft Word.
• Develop internal and external presentations using Microsoft Powerpoint.
• Be a participating member of multiple Site Operations Teams by creating documentation, spreadsheets, and presentations and attending client meetings where that information is communicated to our clients.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Data Science, Business Administration, accounting, economics or related discipline, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong understanding of accounting and financial concepts
• Ability to independently manage multiple assignments with strong emphasis on results
• Familiarity with key performance indicators or performance measurement development, such as performance dashboards and data analysis.
• Ability to travel 30% or more throughout the continental United States and/or foreign locations; travel requirements will vary from periods of light to heavy travel, depending on critical business demand.
• Excellent communication / presentation skills are required, as well as the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and across all functional areas.
• Quick learner and self-starter
• Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
• Must have a valid drivers license
• Must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
• This position may require overtime, various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules.
• Requires the ability to work on a desktop or laptop for extended periods of time.
• Requires the ability to type on a keyboard for extended periods of time.
• Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
• Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
• Demonstrated advanced proficiency in Excel, including the ability to develop macros.
• Experience producing effective PowerPoint presentations, including charts and graphs, and presenting information to large or demanding audiences to make business decisions.
• Fluency in Adobe, MS Visio, MS Access, or SQL.
• Familiarity with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), such as Maximo or SAP, including knowledge of writing queries or reports for a CMMS or similar database related to maintenance activity.
• Experience documenting and creating work flow diagrams for processes and work management procedures.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement