Altarum Institute is looking for a Spring in Silver Spring – Apply Here!
Palladian Partners, an Altarum company, is looking for a Project Director to support high profile federal clients with strategic science and health communications planning and public health communication projects. Palladian Partners, Inc. is a dynamic science and health communications firm located in Silver Spring, Maryland. Our ongoing commitment to provide exceptional strategic communications, editorial support, distinctive design, and superior service to our clients is as unwavering as our desire to enrich peoples lives with quality health information.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with at least 7-10 years of communications and marketing experience, including 5 years of experience leading small project teams supporting health communications projects. This person will be responsible for working directly with clients, planning communications projects and initiatives, and working as part of an integrated project team with federal and non-government partners. The candidate should have a solid understanding of strategic communications, including digital communications on health and science topics. To be successful in the role, the candidate must have robust attention to detail and an ability to maintain a positive relationship and solutions minded approach with clients.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
• Work with clients to define overall communications strategy and project objectives
• Develop strategies for communicating with researchers, stakeholders, communities, including underrepresented in biomedical research through traditional and digital communications channels
• Collaborate with team members to identify client needs and generate forward-thinking ideas to engage with targeted audiences to share information
• Oversee and coordinate across multiple service areas content strategy, social media, graphic design, web development, and editorial staff to establish workflows and timelines
• Lead the creation of integrated content for communication channels according to industry best practices
• Monitor and track project budgets, deliverables, and deadlines
• Review the work of team members to ensure the highest standards of quality
• A minimum of 7-10 years’ work experience in communications and marketing
• At least 5 years of project management and planning experience including proposing and implementing research-based strategy and a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of three years of experience managing and mentoring staff, including cross-collaborative teams
• Understands the many facets of the health research and health care environment
• Experience working with the government either as a consultant or in-house
• Communications agency experience preferred
• Ability to solve problems quickly and creatively
• Proven ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience with financial management and oversight.
• Collaborative team player who works well as a manager and member of a Matrix environment
• Flexible-willing to do the nitty-gritty work required to make a project successful
• Positive-ability to collaborate with and promote a positive relationship between colleagues, partners, and clients
• At this time we will only accept candidates who are presently eligible to work in the United States and will not require sponsorship
Palladian employees are highly talented and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for excellence. This is a full-time, staff position located at Palladians corporate headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland. Palladian offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the satisfaction that comes from working on interesting, meaningful projects every day. Palladians dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Palladian Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.