Altamira is looking for a Cloud Software Engineer in McLean – Apply Here!
Altamira Technologies provides innovative solutions throughout the U.S. National Security community. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Altamira serves the defense, intelligence, and homeland security communities by leveraging common standards in architecture, data, and security.
Altamira believes that our people and the culture of our company differentiate us from other companies. Altamira is searching for a Cloud Engineer / Architect with significant experience designing and implementing distributed systems.
We focus on recruiting talented, self-motivated employees that strive to find a way to get things done. Job location in McLean VA, Denver CO, or Dayton OH.
Join our team of experts as we engineer national security! Job Responsibilities :
• Design, develop, and maintain software designed for deployment to distributed computing systems
• Brief company leadership on technology trends in high performance computing, cloud computing, and other emerging technologies
• Drive corporate cloud solutions and posture
• Mentor software engineers to support cloud-based development
• Review and enhance DevSecOps tools and processes
• Provide technical input to proposal efforts Required Qualifications :
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or another related field
• Ability to obtain a TS / SCI clearance
• Ability to analyze complex systems and issues
• Ability to develop large scale architectural solutions to meet customer needs
• Ability to communicate technical concepts on multiple levels (engineers, customers, leadership, etc.) and in varying media (conversation, presentation, email, etc.)
• 3 or more years of experience developing IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS software and deploying those services on cloud-based environments
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience with Redhat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
• Experience with process automation
• Experience with Kubernetes or DC / OS and Docker
• 8 or more years of experience developing computer software systems using modern software languages and technologies, including in-depth knowledge of at least one of the following core Programming Languages :
o C++ Desirable Qualifications :
• Ability to design and specify hardware and networking solutions to support on-premise PaaS and IaaS solutions
• Additional Software Container Management technologies (podman, rkt)
• Azure and Google Cloud Platform
• Apache Mesos, OpenShift, or other orchestration systems
• Technologies that support horizontal scaling, auto-scaling, micro services, streaming, and server-less computing
• CompTIA Security+ certification or ability to obtain certification. Altamira is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Last updated : 2022-12-01