Alpha Omega Integration LLC is looking for a Cloud Architect in Washington – Apply Here!
Alpha Omega Integration, LLC., a Virginia Business Best Places to work for 2012-2020, along with recognition such as the Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50, Inc. 5000 #143, Washington Technology Fast 50 #11, and the Vanguard Top Service Company Award is actively seeking passionate leaders to join our team, support our nation’s government agencies, and make a difference!
We foster a culture that values hard work and integrity. We are constantly awarding those who are self-starters, trustworthy, and have a good work ethic. If you like working with the latest in IT solutions and are looking to join an organization that is consistently voted one of the best in which to work, then check out your next career opportunity below!
We are actively seeking team members who enjoy meeting challenges with a smile. We offer a fast-paced, growing environment that takes care of the overall development of our employees. Alpha Omega has an exciting opportunity for you to be part of a team where you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference.
Job Title: Sr. Cloud Architect
Work Location: Remote (occasional Travel to DC area)
Clearance Required: Secret
We are seeking a Sr. Cloud Architect and a technologist rolled into one – in short someone who is highly resourceful and is able to adapt to dominant development platforms and frameworks. We are looking for someone with hands-on capability who can deliver a while also continually evaluating new technologies and developing solutions. We are seeking a team player and a self-starter who has fostered a collaborative environment in the federal space. Our Sr. Cloud Architect will bring a strong understanding of cloud-based application architecture using microservice API’s containerization and serverless technologies using native cloud services. B
• Provide leadership building and launching a cloud strategy and cloud environment for use in the Department of State.
• Work across the Development and Operations teams to support the design, automation, and deployment of infrastructure
• Develop a plan to transform the traditional infrastructure deployment model to maximize the benefit of the cloud infrastructure with automation and monitoring.
• Design a scalable cloud infrastructure using industry best practices for delivery of Cloud infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives with a focus on Cloud migrations and deployments.
• Research and introduce new cloud technologies and prototyping solutions that can be leveraged to decrease costs and increase performance and availability
• Provide expertise in cloud computing best practices and technology driving cloud adoption
• Assist development teams to design new applications with a cloud-native approach to application architecture
• Guide clients through cloud migrations and configurations, specifically VMWare to AWS
• Create detailed plans, estimate efforts, and define the required project team for large programs
• Understand and help to mitigate risks faced by technical, operational, and business stakeholders
• Work on cross-functional teams to evaluate, provide insight ,and drive strategic outcomes that have the greatest impact clients
• Implement Proof of Concepts to explore potential solutions to a problem.
• Conduct Architecture walkthroughs for stakeholders.
• Support and contribute to business security requirements, such as the creation of security policies, procedures, and processes, and well as ATO activities
• Ensure that all cloud solutions follow security and compliance controls.
• Provide thought leadership on cloud platform technology use, design, and implementation
• Candidate must have an industry-recognized cloud certification in Azure or AWS
• Experience with Splunk, SQL Server Developer, API Design Priciples
• Experience working in an Agile (e.g., Scrum, SAFE frameworks etc.) SDLC model using DevOps best practices.
• Familiar with designing and implementing automated Dev-Ops architecture and CI/CD pipelines for release management of development efforts and on-going test and production cloud operations.
• Strong understanding of cloud-ready architectures that utilize SaaS and PaaS cloud models. Must have familiarity with WebHooks, REST API, JSON, XML, SMTP and SQL Query.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate sophisticated topics in simple and accessible language.
• Knowledge and understanding of RMF steps and practicies
• Strong Analytical and Communication skills.
• Cloud certification (e.g. Solutions Architect, DevOps Engineer, SysOps Administrator, Cloud Practitioner) is preferred
• Deep technical knowledge and practitioner experience in Azure solutions and technologies
• Federal Government IT delivery Experience
• Candidate must have over 15 years of professional technical experience; or Bachelor’s degree and over 11 years of experience; or a Master’s degree and over 9 years of experience
• Travel Required (list percentage and location): N/A
• Telecommute Options (if available, please specify number of days per week): N/A
Alpha Omega Integration, LLC (Alpha Omega) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Alpha Omega will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Alpha Omega does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status).”