Alelo Inc. is looking for a NLP Engineer in Los Angeles – Apply Here!
Alelo Inc. uses artificial intelligence to help people realize their potential, by helping them develop better communication and interpersonal skills. It helps trainees quickly learn new skills and transition into new occupations. Alelo developed its technology originally to help military members quickly learn foreign languages and cultures, helping to reduce conflicts and even save lives. It now makes this technology available via the cloud to educational institutions and companies worldwide. Alelo offers subscriptions to its online products, and also creates custom AI simulations for its larger customers. Over 500,000 people in over 25 countries have used Alelo’s AI simulations and technology platform. Alelo has a wholly-owned subsidiary, Alelo TLT, LLC, which provides services to the Federal government.
Title of the Position
Conversational AI / NLP Engineer
Vice President of Production
This position is contingent upon contract award. We expect the contract to be awarded on June 1, 2022.
We are seeking an experienced Conversational AI / NLP Engineer to work on a multi-disciplinary team of content developers, artists, software engineers and QA specialists to develop educational and training products that utlilize conversational AI simulations with avatars. This individual will lead the development and integration of new NLP capabilities into our elearning platform, and use them to create new conversational learning experiences.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits but contractor arrangements will be considered. It is a work-at-home / virtual / remote position and the candidate will be expected to provide their own computer and Internet service, and will be provided a stipend to cover expenses.
Our office hours are 9 AM – 5 PM Pacific Time, so candidates must be able to attend meetings and otherwise be available by phone, email and chat during office hours.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computational linguistics or related field
• Minimum of 2 years developing applications using AI, natural language processing, and/or speech recognition
• Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and evaluate conversational system solutions
• Demonstrated ability to draw insights from user data and use them to drive product improvements
• Post graduate degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computational linguistics or related field
• Expertise in Python
• Experience with Azure Cognitive Services or comparable machine learning platforms
• Develop and document the Natural Language Processing components of the Enskill application.
• Analyze user logs using a combination of manual inspection and automatic processing.
• Contribute insights into user behavior and system performance, based on log analysis.
• Develop scripts in Python and other languages, as appropriate, to process data from user logs and produce summary statistics.
• Execute evaluations of the Enskill application and report results
• Improve language interpretation models by updating data sets, re-training, and publishing.
• Develop and test a versioning workflow for language interpretation models.
• Expand the capabilities of language interpretation models: update models and coordinate with Alelo tech team to update Alelo’s learning platform to utilize expanded capabilities.
No immigration sponsorship (H1B and similar). No outsourcing companies. No agencies. No consultants/contractors. Absolutely no phone calls, faxes, or visits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.