ABT Associates is looking for a Data Analyst in Rockville – Apply Here!
We are seeking a Quantitative Data Analyst with statistical programming experience who is interested in pursuing a programming career supporting social science research, particularly public health. Relevant experience sought for this position includes data cleaning and harmonization, building analytic files from single and multiple data sources, documentation, and simple analytics. Proficiency in SAS, Stata, or an equivalent software package is required, and working knowledge of additional languages is a plus. The position will include supporting several ongoing projects, working with more senior programmers, substantive experts, and research leads.
Work in the Division of Health and Environment helps shape federal policy, while improving program efficiency and effectiveness. Federal government agencies, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, and the National Institutes of Health call on us to conduct research and evaluate their key programs to support data-driven decision-making.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Investigate the raw data for validity and completeness
• Clean, harmonize, and link raw data to create analysis datasets
• Independently investigate data issues and collaborate with senior programmers on solutions
• Collaborate with senior programmers and substantive experts to create measures appropriate for analysis
• Create data documentation that may be used by other data analysts, and programming documentation readable by programming colleagues
• The ability to craft clear write-ups in support of data activities that can be readily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences
• Working with senior analysts, perform basic analytic tasks under supervision
• Will perform multiple routine to moderately complex tasks
• Proficient in a statistical or data manipulation software package. SAS or Stata preferred, but proficiency with similar software such as SQL scripting, R, or pandas/Python
• Flexibility to learn multiple programming languages for data manipulation to serve client needs
• Ability to independently work on multiple types of internal and external analytic systems under a variety of operating systems
• Conducts research with attention to detail
• Demonstrated capabilities in managing project tasks
• Technical expertise and supervisory/staff development skills strongly preferred
• Works effectively on teams
• Knowledge of and interest in research of criminal justice programs and policies a plus
Bachelor’s Degree + Three years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of approximately $56,618.52 to $79,265.93 and may vary by ten percent depending on candidate geographic location. Salary offers are made based on internal equity and market analysis.
Abt Associates has the ability to hire at the Senior Analyst level if the selected candidate better fits the more senior position.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.