ABBTECH Professional Resources is looking for a UI Designer in Chantilly – Apply Here!
A UX/UI Designer, or User Experience/User Interface Designer, is responsible for creating and optimizing the user experience. This resource ensures ease of use for websites, software programs, and products. The duties include reviewing users’ feedback to determine potential defects or areas for clarity, working closely with other IT professionals and clients personnel to refine user experience, creating wireframes, and performing usability tests on software products or website features to ensure functionality.
– Identify target user groups and complete interviews or other types of targeted queries to help understand user needs.
– Ensure the creation and implementation of customized experiences for the digital user.
– Produce high-quality solutions through flow diagrams, graphic designs, storyboards and site maps.
– Understand product specifications and user behaviors to propose solutions that best solves the business need.
– Create cross-platform applications for mobile and web apps for end-to-end projects
– Design and implement user interfaces for prototyping and development
– Working experience with following technologies and tools: Sketch, Visio, HTML, CSS (SCSS), Design System, Figma, Adobe XD, Adobe illustrator.
– Ability to provide and produce wireframe based on verbal discussion and written requirements.
– Ability to wireframe using Figma, Adobe XD, Adobe illustrator, Sketch, or other tools.
– Provide guidance on implementation of UX research techniques and testing activities to analyze and predict user behavior.
– Perform tests on user interface elements such as CTAs, layouts, target links, landing pages and banners.
– Test UI elements such as page layouts, page designs, and page flows.
– Maintain a competitive edge with current industry trends.
– Have the ability to create new system wireframes within 48 hours.
– Have the ability to update wireframes in either real time or no more than three business hours from requirements discussions.
– Ability to create template and reusable UI components such as button, menu, search bar, etc.
– Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Additional Required Skills/Experience:
• A minimum of ten (10) years experience in software development, with at least 7 years experience in Web-based design/development;
• A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred;
• Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program;
• Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job;
• Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel;
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with designing and building Web-based software systems;
• Extensive experience designing and developing user interface features, site animation and special effects elements;
• Extensive experience with at least two graphics software applications, along with relevant design techniques and tools;
• Extensive experience collaborating with other Web designers/developers to enhance Web site look-and-feel to support the organization’s external communication strategies and goals;
• Possesses strong navigation and site design instincts;
• Able to obtain Postal clearance;
• Excellent communication skills.
ABBTECH is an EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled Individuals/Veterans